LockedPasswords - where stored?

Author
dbeck
2004/11/11 15:36:14 (permalink)

Passwords - where stored?

I¬m considering destroying my entire HC installation and starting over from scratch. Too many things aren¬t working correctly.

In order to do that, I need to record all of my existing user acconts and their passwords. What table in the hosting controller SQL database are the passwords store in? Also, please tell me the won¬t be encrypted!

3 Replies Related Threads

ts
    Premium Member
    RE: Passwords - where stored? 2004/11/11 21:05:37 (permalink)
    HC uses the windows users so you cant get the passwords since they are not stored in the database.

You will need to use 3rd party software to retrieve the passwords.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Passwords - where stored? 2004/12/11 02:09:28 (permalink)
    You may consider using RebuildXPress for complete HC server rebuild.
    mdscorp
    Premium Member
    RE: Passwords - where stored? 2004/11/17 15:36:14 (permalink)
    I would nto be so sure about RebuildXpress.
    After purchasing it, installing it, configuring it as per the manual, I had RBX running backups on a daily basis.
    Everything seemed normal and I had RBX running for several months, never needed it to use it really.
    A few weeks ago one of my BIG servers went down with registry corruption. I had 180 customers in there they all went down.
    I thought, no biggy, max 2 to 3 hours down while re-building the server and then running Fabulous RBX right ? WRONG.
    Re-built server, set everything up and got ready to run RBX with great expectations.
    The progress bar came up, eveyrthing looked good, then after a few minutes the bar showed DONE. I was expecting a lot longer than that. Sure enough. nothing was restored properly. Then I contacted HC support, I provided remote access to him, after a long time not hearing from him he came back online to tell me that i had setup RBX wrong and the backups were useless.
    Long story short, I had to re-built the server by hand, lost about 10 good customers and wnet through 4 days of extreme stress.
    Jump to: