LockedWorldPay Warning

Author
Bhozar
Starting Member
2004/12/22 01:58:33 (permalink)

WorldPay Warning

I received an email from WorldPay today informing me of a change in their system when using the transId. Will this impact on HC in any way?

Dont want to find we suddenly cant take money.

WARNING - Potential impact on your service

Dear Customer,

Out of courtesy, I wanted to provide you with some information on an event that will occur within the next two or three weeks.

Every successful transaction you process through WorldPay generates a unique identification number, known as a ¬transId¬. Currently, a transId is 8-digits long, however these are about to roll-over and so will increase to 9-digits. This increase will have no impact on WorldPay¬s service to you, as our systems are designed to handle up to 16 digits (as documented in our integration guides).

This increase will probably have no impact on your website¬s services. However, for peace of mind, I would suggest that if you use a Shopping cart or WorldPay¬s callback feature, then you should confirm whether this increase will affect your service.

Unfortunately, as this increase in transId will only affect your systems, we are unable to analyse or diagnose the potential problems within your website¬s systems, or to provide you with advice on possible solutions.

What should you do?

Check if your systems depend on 8-digit settings for the transId parameter, and if they do, then change them so that they can handle longer transId values.

For shopping carts:
check how your shopping cart handles transId values, and contact your technical expert and the provider of your shopping cart if you have any concerns.

For callback:
Check your callback settings for any dependency on 8-digit length for transId values. You may need to consult your technical expert, or those who implemented your callback features.

If you have any further concerns about this progression in transId value, please contact your local WorldPay Technical Support representative. However, please note that our support staff cannot analyse your callback scripts for potential problems, and cannot advise you about issues that are more suited to analysis by shopping cart experts/providers.

Thank you,

Ann Clarke
Customer Operations Director
WorldPay Limited

Further help and advice is available 24 hours-a-day from our Customer Services Teams:

Europe, Middle East and Africa - WorldPay Ltd
customerservices@uk.worldpay.com
Tel. +44 (0)870 742 7002

Americas - WorldPay Inc
customerservices@usa.worldpay.com
Tel: +1 703-547-6250 (Toll Free: +1 800-661-7079)

Asia Pacific - WorldPay Pte Ltd
customerservices@asiapac.worldpay.com
Tel: +65 6 339 9616

1 Reply Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: WorldPay Warning 2004/12/27 01:58:33 (permalink)
    I don¬t think this would cause trouble.
    Jump to: