LockedQuestion with addons

Author
brandon5150
2004/12/27 00:18:58 (permalink)

Question with addons

I¬m not sure I understand how addons work. I want to use some of the (system) addons, but I¬m not sure how they work. If a users purchases the (system) addon of "Email Account" via autosignup, what do they get and what does HC do? Do they get 1 email account or multiple? Is there a way to set how many they get? Does HC automaticly add this to the users setup? Same with Bandwidth, how much do they get? Is it changeable? Does HC automaticly set it up?

Thanks for your help,
Brandon

4 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Question with addons 2004/12/29 03:54:36 (permalink)
    SYSTEM resources (addon) are those which are monitored by HC. This means overusage of such addon will be notified. On the other hand USER resources are unknown to system therefore their usage is not notified. For example, if 10 mail account addon are sold, they will be added to user mail domain and user won¬t be able to exceed the quota.

Bandwidth is monitored by HC Disk Usage service and when exceeds email notifications are sent to site owner and host.

In auto signup you cannot specify quantity. In future versions you will be able to do this.
    brandon5150
    RE: Question with addons 2004/12/29 13:25:24 (permalink)
    Thanks for the info.

Brandon
    jfarrance
    RE: Question with addons 2005/01/19 15:38:34 (permalink)
    Similar question? I want to use add-ons to provide Qty discounts. As a simple (real) example, our Level 1 plan includes 7 email addresses. I would like to have 3 add-ons, 1) +10 POP Accounts at $20 ($2/user), 2) +25 POP Accounts at $37.50 ($1.50/user), and 3) +100 POP Accounts at $100.00 ($1.00/user).

If I add these as regular add-ons, a) the pricing does not seem to work the way I expected, b) there is no way to specify the quantity of the resource, and c) the sold add-ons seems to have no affect on the plan¬s avail/used resources.

I want to make it easy for the users to buy add-ons with built in quantity discounts and have HC keep track of the resources and usage. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks - Jeremy
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Question with addons 2005/01/25 00:18:58 (permalink)
    You cannot easily setup addons the way you want because add-on cannot be adjusted depending on the quantity.

The POP Box add-on default is 1 so when you sell this add-on to a plan its pop box quota is incremented by one (in mail server as well). You may however specify the quantity at the time of add-on selling.
    Jump to: