Lockedaccount email HTML or Plain Text ?

Author
mdscorp
Premium Member
2005/01/11 15:51:41 (permalink)

account email HTML or Plain Text ?

How can I set HC to send a plain text email instead of an HTML email when a new account is setup ?

6 Replies Related Threads

greg
    RE: account email HTML or Plain Text ? 2005/01/13 06:46:52 (permalink)
    Edit the mail template that is located in the autosignup folders (which are located in the resources folder for the reseller). It¬s called "signupmail.htm". We¬ve edited it plenty and found you can do anything you want in it, still use the variables it contains to pass the information to the customer that you need to, and it works. Try it.

Just note that you also have to edit the document called DomainCreationMail.htm that is located in the default mails folder for the reseller (located in the resources folder for the reseller), if you want that same email being generated when you create a web site in the reseller panel vs autosignup.
    mdscorp
    Premium Member
    RE: account email HTML or Plain Text ? 2005/01/14 06:00:04 (permalink)
    I am aware of this, we have also modified it extensively but what I am talking about is that the email is still been sent in HTML format.
    There are a lot of people out there that do not receive HTML properly due to email client security settings.
    I would like to have the option ot be able to send PLAIN TEXT emails instead of HTML formatted emails.

thank you
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: account email HTML or Plain Text ? 2005/01/17 02:48:25 (permalink)
    At the moment there is no prefernce for HTML or Plain Text email.
    jfarrance
    RE: account email HTML or Plain Text ? 2005/02/02 11:26:07 (permalink)
    I have edited most of the EMail templates with great success. However, there does not appear to be any way to customize the Subject line of the email.

As an example, I would to add the Subject line of the emailed invoice notices to read:

"Invoice Notification - YOURDOMAINNAME.COM"

Is this possible? I looked at the associated ASP and it looks like the mailing takes place entirely in a compiled DLL. Are the Email¬s subject lines exposed somewhere such that they can be customized?

Thanks - Jeremy
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: account email HTML or Plain Text ? 2005/03/02 01:44:36 (permalink)
    Sorry, the subject is not exposed anywhere as it is entirely within COM.
    jfarrance
    RE: account email HTML or Plain Text ? 2005/04/02 15:51:41 (permalink)
    I would very much like to see it added to the Wish List for a future version/update/hotfix. I don¬t care how it is implemented; even an old fashioned INI file or something. Please think about it - you have given us complete control over the email body, but NOT the Subject Line? Almost seems like an oversight that needs to be corrected. :) Thanks, Jeremy
    Jump to: