LockedMy Resellers are cancelling because of bugs.

Author
mdscorp
Premium Member
2005/05/14 18:14:49 (permalink)

My Resellers are cancelling because of bugs.

Read the last email one of my ex-reseller customers sent.
==================================
Whenever we delete a website we run into this issue. Another issue is that xxxxxx>>xxxxx.com says it has FrontPage extensions installed but it really doesn’t. Today you charged me another reseller fee. I think because of all the problems that you have been causing it is fair to refund that back. And also I strongly suggest you get a new control panel or re-install this one. Because it is filled with weird bugs.
=============================================
He is absolutely right, when are you going to fix some of these most pressing issues ?

8 Replies Related Threads

ts
    Premium Member
    RE: My Resellers are cancelling because of bugs. 2005/05/14 20:45:13 (permalink)
    Did you post or email HC your issues?
    Jorune
    RE: My Resellers are cancelling because of bugs. 2005/05/16 09:29:02 (permalink)
    Although I agree with TS, I do feel that HC is full of "weird" bugs. I¬m constantly having to go in and fix things or re-provision sites that are screwy, have permissions set wrong, nobody can publish, etc.

Some of the bigger bugs I contact HC about. Other bugs seem to come and go - and when a site is re-provisioned they simply go away. Those are harder to contact HC about - as they might not be able to replicate the situation.

My 2 cents.

Windows 2003
    HC 6.1
    105 sites
    mdscorp
    Premium Member
    RE: My Resellers are cancelling because of bugs. 2005/05/17 06:11:38 (permalink)
    Yes TS, I have contacted HC several times and i have quite a few tickets that go un-answered for weeks and months...
    I just put together a brand new server with modernbill and plesk for windows running, I have been testing it for a week and so far so good, the integration of the two is like heaven.
    Allt ests I have done work perfectly, and Plesk for windows is very brand new release !
    I am seriously thinking about preparing a migratory plan of action to have all customers on plesk and windows.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: My Resellers are cancelling because of bugs. 2005/05/17 13:54:28 (permalink)
    Luis,

I am not agree with you. After detailed investigation about your support tickets I got to know that 60880 is the only ticket which you have opened this month and it was replied by support dept. at the same time but you did not reply back to them? You can check my reply about post opened for this issue reported in ticket#60880.

http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/viewforum.asp?forum_id=2&cat_id=1&topic_id=3813&cat_name=General+Discussions&topic_name=FTP+Users+%3F&mode=iVRjLgbcVP&c_status=sNYfR&t_status=sNYfR

How come we get to know that which issue is still pending on your side unless you reply support emails. Front Page extensions issue has been fixed in latest hotfix 2.0. Did you apply that hotfix on your machine? On other side you did not infom us about Front Page Extensions issue. Custom fix could be sent to you before hotfix 2.0 release.

As you know that we are the ONLY control panel in web hosting industry providing life time free technical live support so you can imagine everybody is very keen to have this free facility so we always try to help our customers to resolve their issues even sometime they are not related to HC.

We ask for remote server terminal access if issue is machine specific and try our best to respond as soon as possible but it may takes sometime due to complexity of the reported issue else we donot have any magic stick. There is not any 100 % perfect software in our world. Issues may happen according to given configurations and settings on individual¬s machine but we are ready to fix them. If you don¬t get response in timely fashion then you can come to live chat , MSN [hostingcontroller@hotmail.com] or ICQ [62950919] [24hrs * 6 days a week] whatever the medium you like.

First I would like to suggest please apply latest hotfix 2.0 on your machine which is available at this URL http://hostingcontroller.com/english/downloads/HotFixV61_2_0.exe and if then your problems are still there you can list all of your issues in mail to support@hostingcontroller.com with your server and panel access and make sure you have provided us exact information. I can assure you all of your issues would be fixed as soon as possible If HC is the reason for them.

Rest choice is yours but we have been very sincere with you and always try our best to provide you excellent quality services. We want same level of cooperation from you. I hope you would not mind.

mdscorp
    Premium Member
    RE: My Resellers are cancelling because of bugs. 2005/05/17 19:13:30 (permalink)
    HC, free lifetime support is worthless if the support is not one that actually solves issues fast. We are web hosters, we have hundreds of customers on each server, we have problems on productions servers and customers need solutions fast.
    When your free support takes over 24 hours to reply tickets then I rahter pay for support if is going to be more efficient. This is not anout free or not, this is about FIXING issues.
    IF the problem with HC service having to be re-started each time a customer deletes a site resolved in hotfix 2.0 ?
    My latest ticket with the ftp user problem is still open, your "engineers" have done nothing, just limited to tell me that the IUSR had list folder permissions. Which has nothing to do with the actual problem.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: My Resellers are cancelling because of bugs. 2005/05/18 14:14:25 (permalink)
    I am sorry due to our Company policy we donot provide paid support. All kind of support services are absolutely free of cost.

I don¬t understand why you are taking it so long and what you actually want? Anyway here is the history for your only opened ticket on support:

1- Ticket# 60880 was originally opened on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 12:31 AM

--->We replied on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:16 AM

2- Got your another reply for the same ticket on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:40 PM
    --->We replied on Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:31 AM

3- Then Got your reply on Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:47 AM

---> We replied on Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:40 AM

4- Last reply we had from you on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:20 PM

---> We replied on Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:22 PM and since then we never got any reply or ticket from your side? This ticket took sometime becuase you did not inform us with exact webadmin name which had problem and we tested it for 2-3 webadmins as we could not test it for 150 customers on your server. How come you can say that you had opened many tickets and did not get reply for them?

This is the open forum and we request you, please be honest and provide right information here. Beside this if you have decided to deface the product or support then what can we do as we have been very fair and honest.

Now lets talk about your issue reported in 60880:

e.g If you have a ¬webadmin¬ having more than one domain [say domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com] hosted on your server. Whenever he will add additional FTP user from User Manager option in hc panel at webadmin level. HC will give new ftp user permission only on those domains [say domain1.com, domain2.com] which were enabled during its creation and this FTP user will point at this path \Webspace\resadmin\webadmin in IIS under Default FTP Site. Due to the limitaiton of Windows Server we can not point it on a specific domain.com folder becuase it is not feasible if you have given this FTP user permission on two domains [domain1.com, domain2.com] therefore we must have to point at this path \Webspace\resadmin\webadmin keeping above case in mind.

At the time of FTP all of domains created under parrent webadmin will be visible to this ftp user but he can access R/W/Modify only contents of those domains where FTP user has permissions. If in your case this ftp user can see other sub folders / files [www, db, special, log] under say [domain3.com Domain on which FTP user does not have permission] its just becuase of you have given LIST FOLDER CONTENTS rights to the INTERNET GUEST ACCOUNT on webspace root that is being inherited by the websites . We never recommend to have these kind of dangerous permissions So that is the reason FTP user is able to modify the contents of the website on which it does not have permission. Please remove these kind of permissions and then recheck . This is NOT HC¬s fault. I hope it is clear.

Dean
    Premium Member
    RE: My Resellers are cancelling because of bugs. 2005/05/18 18:16:57 (permalink)
    I find the same problem. FTP user will have read/write/delete permissions on all domain folders under webadmin folder including ones that are not enabled in User Manager. This is because HC is setting incorrect Special permission settings for user.

INTERNET GUEST ACCOUNT is not used with non-anonymous FTP. Thus the last paragraph is meaningless. If anonymous FTP were enabled new FTP User need not do login and more than just the new user can access site!

There is a way to create the type of user mdscorp is asking for. Create a vir dir under FTP site, name it same as FTP User username, point it to subdirectory of domain1.com\www. Give user Modify (or equivalent) permission on that folder and subfolders.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: My Resellers are cancelling because of bugs. 2005/05/19 18:14:49 (permalink)
    Additional FTP user can only view other domain folders and he can not modify their contents. Please check it with hotfix 2.0. Manual solution is correct suggested by Dean.
    Jump to: