LockedSPF record creation in DNS zone file is now suppor

Author
beachcomp
2005/05/17 08:01:12 (permalink)

SPF record creation in DNS zone file is now suppor

Can you provide details on this?
Does HC insert this on creation?
Where do we setup the values we want inserted?

Thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: SPF record creation in DNS zone file is now suppor 2005/05/17 14:39:47 (permalink)
    Hotfix 2.0 does support SPF. You can enable SPF under Mail Tab of HC Settings by providing this record "v=spf1 a mx ptr ~all" . On each domain creaton HC will automatically add this record in zone file.
    oakleeman
    RE: SPF record creation in DNS zone file is now suppor 2005/05/17 23:03:48 (permalink)
    Getting a javascript error at step two of the Configure Mail page. Line 74, Char 5, Error: ¬mstype.value¬ is null or not an object, Code:0

I¬m getting this error in IE on both the web server and my remote machine. Haven¬t tried configuring it in Firefox for fear of records being deleted...as is my previous experience when using Firefox with HC.

Mind being a little bit more descriptive with the above answer. Is "v=spf1 a mx ptr ~all" what we are supposed to copy and paste into that field?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: SPF record creation in DNS zone file is now suppor 2005/05/18 08:01:12 (permalink)
    I have tested the same on our local test machines and did not find any problem regarding SPF. When you will enable SPF manually in HC Settings under Mail Tab then HC will automatically pick the entry from SPFRecord = "v=spf1 a mx ptr ~all" registry key and show it to in the related field. Please open a ticket on support@hostingcontroller.com with your panel and server access as you are having machine specific issue.
    Jump to: