LockedCF 7 / Win2003 / ASP / IIS6

Author
2005/06/01 13:33:52 (permalink)

CF 7 / Win2003 / ASP / IIS6

I am running Win2003 / CFMX 7 / IIS6 / Hosting Controller Control Panel which uses ASP.

The problem was the control panel would not run, and I would get PAGE NOT FOUND on any site that was not a CF site looking for /index.cfm EVEN THOUGH a Default.htm, or Default.ASP or Index.htm was in the folder and a valid document type in IIS6.

I found and fixed the problem, it was this:

C:\JRun4\lib\wsconfig\1\jrun_iis6_wildcard.dll

Coldfusion 7 inserts this line in the application configuration wildcard mapping (click Configuration from the HOME tab in II6)

This mapping call interferes with ASP / and HTML ... and control panel admin, and any NON CF page.

If you remove this your control panel works, but ColdFusion stops.
What needs to be done is make sure that this code is removed on the ADMIN directory only. And that it is present on the root site if running CF.

Please include a fix for this in your next service release, as each time I create a new site using your panel, the /admin does not work, due to this.

I also suggest you contact Macromedia and find the purpose for this code.

Thanks

Elliott Kayne
Online Corp.
ColdFusion Hosting and Design

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Corporation of America
ColdFusion Hosting and Development
http://www.OnlineCorp.com
Sales:1-570-686-2300
Fax:1-570-686-9090
ek@onlinecorp.com

5 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: CF 7 / Win2003 / ASP / IIS6 2005/01/06 13:33:52 (permalink)
    We are currently checking this issue and will soon update you. Thanx
    Coupedevil
    RE: CF 7 / Win2003 / ASP / IIS6 2007/09/02 18:33:42 (permalink)
    Interesting. I think this is the problem we are encountering also.

Win2003 / CFMX 6.1 / IIS6 / HC7

For us, not only would the control panel not run, nothing runs. Disabling coldfusion from the Scripting Manager tool would temporarily restore functionality...but no CF.

I'll play with your suggestion, though I'd appreciate some elaboration on ADMIN directory. I guess I'm not clear on which directory/which site you mean.

Much thanks!

Stephen
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: CF 7 / Win2003 / ASP / IIS6 2007/02/23 04:37:09 (permalink)
    We have tested it on our local machines and found a different problem. When we enable CFMX on a site, we also add an ISAPI filter on that site as recommended by Macromedia. This ISAPI filter must be loaded successfully, but on our machines it was not being loaded successfully. Thus all the request to the site or any virtual directory under it were being discarded and we were getting 404 error. When we removed the ISAPI filter, things started to work fine. Please confirm it if you also got the same problem. It seems there is some problem with CF ISAPI filter.

Abdullah Inayat

+1-213-341-1419
    Coupedevil
    RE: CF 7 / Win2003 / ASP / IIS6 2007/02/27 14:13:28 (permalink)
    Yes, that appears to be a fix. After re-enabling Coldfusion in HC7, we encountered the same problem, albeit intermittenly.

The fix was to get properties on the site in IIS, select the ISAPI filters tab, and delete the cold fusion jrun entry.

We'll monitor and let you know if this is not a permanent fix.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: CF 7 / Win2003 / ASP / IIS6 2007/02/28 11:20:30 (permalink)
    ok thanks for the update.

Abdullah Inayat

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: