Locked"FrontPage Web" checkbox

Author
YoWmc
2005/12/08 08:08:55 (permalink)

"FrontPage Web" checkbox

When you go to Domain properties -> Permissions, among others, there is "FrontPage Web" checkbox. I don¬t understand what is it for?

One of my clients, somehow, has uninstalled his FP exntension by checking this checkbox.

7 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: "FrontPage Web" checkbox 2005/08/12 10:45:38 (permalink)
    The purpose of this option is to install/uninstall Front Page Extensions on respective site.
    YoWmc
    RE: "FrontPage Web" checkbox 2005/09/12 06:15:25 (permalink)
    Well, on Windows 2003 install does not work! Uninstall does, but when user uninstall his fpse, he can¬t install them this way.

On the other hand, there is dedicated section only for FrontPage extensions.
    Could you tell me what is the reason to have this option on Permissions settings page too?
    comdotitaly
    RE: "FrontPage Web" checkbox 2005/09/12 08:56:32 (permalink)
    I can confirm also that, on Windows 2003, if a site has already frontpage extensions intalled, checking this box will stop to work (fpe) and you will need to uninstall/install them from frontpage manager.

YoWmc
    RE: "FrontPage Web" checkbox 2005/12/15 04:58:29 (permalink)
    This checkbox is completely unnecessary on this page. Can you explain me what was the idea to put this option there. I see no logical explanation.

And beside that it works erroneously! Listen what it does: you already have web which is FPSE enabled. Then, user go to this page (Domains :: Properties of some_domain.com :: Permissions) and see that "FrontPage Web" checkbox is cleared. Logically, user check this checkbox because he thinks that FPSE are not enabled, and what happens - his FPSE are uninstalled after that?! Further, when he clear this checkbox, and check it again - nothing happens - his FPSE are still uninstalled! I have many users who called me because of this!

I think, the best idea is to remove this checkbox from that page, because it¬s confusing. But, if you think it is not, then just fix the bug, please.

Thanks.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: "FrontPage Web" checkbox 2005/12/15 10:19:19 (permalink)
    It works on our local test machines. Anwyay we will remove this option from Domains--->Propertiese--->Permissions.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: "FrontPage Web" checkbox 2005/12/23 04:27:27 (permalink)
    Please donwload following files from this URL and replace them at their required places. These files will remove FP Extensions option from Domains---->Propertiese--->Permissions.

file name: 1) Permissions.xsl
    2) IISSiteUpdateOld.xsl
    YoWmc
    RE: "FrontPage Web" checkbox 2005/12/26 08:08:55 (permalink)
    Thanks.
    Jump to: