LockedPaid Til

Author
Steve@VSK
Starting Member
2006/01/17 09:26:57 (permalink)

Paid Til

Hello HC!

I just wanted to ask a normal question about the panel, as I¬m having a little problem. We migrated to HC last year from... well... no control panel. So most of our clients got created on a specific date, in a batch (8/21/2005 I think).

I set all of our client¬s ¬Paid til¬ in our Hosting plans -> Sold plans to the right date, thinking that, once that date arrives, HC will cut em off. But seems like I was wrong, because we got 2 clients that their ¬Paid til¬ got past, and HC didn¬t do squat.

Am I just modifying the wrong thing?

Oh and another question.

HC, by default, puts the webadmin folder as /admin/ (http://www.whatever.com/admin). This is a bad one for me, because our clients use alot of php forum softwares, and all of them have an /admin folder that they can¬t access. I tried removing the admin virtual directory on one of our test sites, creating a webadmin virtual directory, pointing it to C:\[...]\web\admin, and putting the App pool as ¬HCAppPool¬. Doesn¬t seem to work right. Gives an HTTP 500 error, or just gives an ASP error.

Could you tell me please how to modify the admin folder¬s name or something? Thank you :)

9 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Paid Til 2006/01/17 11:00:13 (permalink)
    It depends how you have configured your Billing. HC will suspend non-paid plan according to the information provided for this option "Suspend plan on non-payment after this many days : " in billing configuration. Please make sure about it.

You can change HC Admin virtual directory name from this location [ My Server--->Control Panel Access ] of your panel for new domains after login as reseller.
    Steve@VSK
    Starting Member
    RE: Paid Til 2006/01/18 04:58:52 (permalink)
    All right! Thank you!

Now for another question. Normally, when I was setting up a domain, HC was sending me an e-mail immediately with the informations (As well as to the clients¬s e-mail). But for some reason, now, it always takes 1 to 3 weeks to receive it (!?). But I still receive trouble Ticket e-mails fast. Is there something wrong that you think I should check?

Thank you very much for your fast answers :)
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Paid Til 2006/01/18 12:42:17 (permalink)
    There might be the issue with mail server. Please check SMTP logs of Hosting Controller to find exact reason.
    Steve@VSK
    Starting Member
    RE: Paid Til 2006/01/20 08:35:40 (permalink)
    Hmmm...

"Error","01/02/06","06:53:36","Failed to send mail",""," email@email.com"," email2@email2.com","Hosting Information For domain.com","This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.","C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP\recyclebin\24144705-23ce-4a7a-900b-c5325544e3fb.sqm",

I have my Mailenable set to Auth on e-mail sending (Security), is it possible that HC is interfering with Mailenable?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Paid Til 2006/01/20 13:55:04 (permalink)
    No HC does not interfere. That issue does not belong to HC. Please contact with Mail Enable tech. support. Thank you.
    Steve@VSK
    Starting Member
    RE: Paid Til 2006/01/21 11:18:53 (permalink)
    Okay, does HC use my webserver to send e-mails, or does it has it¬s own little SMTP server?

That¬s all I need to know...
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Paid Til 2006/01/23 06:01:43 (permalink)
    HC Delivery service has its own built-in SMTP server and it does not use any other server to send mails.
    Steve@VSK
    Starting Member
    RE: Paid Til 2006/01/23 06:33:20 (permalink)
    Then in other words, if it does that "Does not relay" error, it¬s HC¬s fault and not mailenable, because it tries to connect through MailEnable and not HC....

I¬m just trying to understand how it works :)
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Paid Til 2006/01/25 09:26:57 (permalink)
    We don¬t support Mail Server Authorization in this version but will consider it in coming version 7.0.
    Jump to: