LockedVersion 7 of HC

Author
crnunez
Premium Member
2006/01/21 10:56:05 (permalink)

Version 7 of HC

Hello friends,
What is the version of .NET for the next HC7.0 ? .NET 2.0.xx??

Thanks a lot.

5 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Version 7 of HC 2006/01/23 06:00:22 (permalink)
    Current development environment is in v 1.14 and there should not be any issue if Microsoft has backward compatibility.
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Version 7 of HC 2006/01/26 06:20:52 (permalink)
    I have two version on my server. Remember it :D

When multiple versions of the .NET Framework [v2.0 and v1.x] are installed on your server that use IIS 6.0, you might encounter following error message in the Application Event log and v1.x enabled websites may go down.

"It is not possible to run different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process.
    Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process."

According to Microsoft these different .NET Framework versions cannot coexist side by side within the same shared Application Pool. After applying hotfix you will be able to run all .NET enabled websites with their associated .NET versions without any problem. Now HC will create and set DefaultAppPool1.4 for v1.x enabled websites and v2.0 enabled websites will run under DefaultAppPool.

To set DefaultAppPool1.4 for all existing v1.x enabled websites we have provided interface to change Application Pool. You have to simply click on "Set App Pool" button right in front of every website to change its Application Pool and it will get removed from this list as well. If you have any query then please send mail to support@hostingcontroller.com.

Reference: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/f1a39358-5ab8-4dc1-a60d-eedea7360780.mspx

If Version 7 is development in .NET 1.41 then this used the DefaultAppPool1.4 or other isoletd AppPoll, right?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Version 7 of HC 2006/01/27 12:32:56 (permalink)
    Yes you are right HC will keep using different application pools for both ASP.NET versions in coming HC v7.0.
    Cruze
    RE: Version 7 of HC 2006/01/31 08:43:13 (permalink)
    I have the same error message. I ignore the message and HC create it.
    I asked the online HC support and he told me, that i CAN NOT do this! It is NOT correct to do that. I donn¬t know why, but this was the answer from HC. So at the moment i ignore this error message for every new Domain i add in the hostheader.
    I hope it will be fixed!!!
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Version 7 of HC 2006/01/31 10:56:05 (permalink)
    Would you please let me know what is your exact issue and scenario?
    Jump to: