LockedMySQL Backup problem

Author
YoWmc
2006/01/27 11:33:05 (permalink)

MySQL Backup problem

I have noticed that recently Backup of MySQL database from HC does not work, even HC displays message:
"Success: Backup started, it may take time depending on database size."
HC creates bak file as before, but that file is empty (0kb), doesn¬t matter if I initiate backup as reseller or webadmin.

I am not sure when exactly this started to happen, but I know that between last successful MySQL backup and first failure , I have installed SP1 for Windows 2003, and upgraded HC6.1 from Hotfix 1.2 to Hotfix 2.5

It seems that for some reason HC does not have privileges to do the backup. Any ideas?

I have found out that HC does this backup by calling BackupMYSQLDB method of custom HostingController.hcadmin object, but I am not sure if HC does this backup, using mysqldump utility?

5 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: MySQL Backup problem 2006/01/27 10:47:59 (permalink)
    Let me know what is your mySQL version? Please first apply latest hotfix 2.8 on your machine and follow these steps:

-Stop all IIS and HostingController Services.
    -Copy mySQLdump.exe from (X:/mySQL installation path/Bin) -path of local or remote mySQL machine and replace at this location X:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\exes of HC installation path.
    -Start IIS and hostingcontroller services

Note:

"X" refers to the drive/path where respective software is installed (mySQL is the software in this case).
    YoWmc
    RE: MySQL Backup problem 2006/01/30 08:25:06 (permalink)
    I am using MySQL 4.0.22. Is that might be a problem? Can I continue using this version, or I have to upgrade to some newer version?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: MySQL Backup problem 2006/01/30 12:18:31 (permalink)
    Yes this is the main reason for this issue. Please upgrade to the latest version and follow the instructions mentioned in my previous post.

Abdullah
    YoWmc
    RE: MySQL Backup problem 2006/01/31 02:08:21 (permalink)
    You do you mean by the latest version - 4.1.16 or 5.0?
    Are both of this versions supported by HC?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: MySQL Backup problem 2006/01/31 11:33:05 (permalink)
    Yes both of them should work with HC.
    Jump to: