LockedMdaemon WebMail

Author
ItalianGod
2006/02/16 12:23:45 (permalink)

Mdaemon WebMail

ok i need to know how to configure mdaemons worldclient "webmail" to work with hosting controller... right now when you click on webmail link in hosting controller it brings up MDaemons Webadmin site (WebAdmin is for adding users and settings ect.) WorldClient is for browser based e-mail access... Please help

10 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mdaemon WebMail 2006/02/17 05:39:26 (permalink)
    If you have installed WorldClient software, the link in HC panel against that mail domain would be of worldclient
    usually worldclient runs on port 3000 and it can be checked from this file \MDaemon\WorldClient\WorldClient.ini under section "WebServer" and the value of the key "Port" contains the port where webclient runs
    you can check that the webmail link in mail manager in HC panel would be showing http://www.domain.com:3000 if you have webclient installed so webclient is already supported and working.

ItalianGod
    RE: Mdaemon WebMail 2006/02/17 06:39:26 (permalink)
    I know what you are saying but unfortunately you are wrong and you are right, WorldClient Is installed by default, and is running by default under port 3000, however HC only looks for WebAdmin which is an optional ad on to MDaemon and WebAdmin runs under port 1000 .... I have tried many ways to correct this,, however what HC looks For During Start Up is the registry entry by WebAdmin Not WorldClient.... So My users Should Have 2 links under their hosting control panel/tools menu the links should be webmail which is now showing up but with the port of 1000 which is the default for webadmin but really should point to port 3000 and they should have another link for webadmin pointing to port 1000 BUT THEY DON"T !!!! HELP !!!!!!! I have tried changing the ports for both programs but HC.EXE always looks for the default port or the current port that WebAdmin is running on... paying no attention to worldclient !!!!!
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mdaemon WebMail 2006/02/17 07:28:16 (permalink)
    If you want HC to show webclient¬s URL despite the webadmin¬s installation on your system, One work around is to Uninstall webadmin. If you want to keep it then you can customize your HC xsl file to have multiple links.
    ItalianGod
    RE: Mdaemon WebMail 2006/02/17 07:57:15 (permalink)
    So if i uninstall webadmin then my clients have no way to add new mail box¬s or change settings, as it seems your interface with ALT-N¬d MDaemon Is Lacking. lets see is that going to work out well for me or be a reasonable excuse to my customers ??.... I¬m thinking NOT !!!! you well minded and Intelligent developers have got to be able to come up with a better solution than that, and if i have to edit xsl files, AFTER ALL YOU ADVERTISE YOU SUPPORT MDAEMON MAIL SERVER. why am i spending $500.00 on this program, perhaps i should maybe go with ensim, or another hosting control panel provider. i would rather not bUT, HOWEVER i don¬t quite feel like being linched by my faithful and patient clients....
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mdaemon WebMail 2006/02/17 09:05:11 (permalink)
    Yes we do support MDaemon Mail Server infact we support 9 Mail Servers and its hard to provide all features of these mail servers in HC panel however HC is improving day by day therefore it takes sometime to integrate new features. Anyway I have included this feature in our upcoming hotfix 3.0 to - do list which would be released in the mid of next month.
    ItalianGod
    RE: Mdaemon WebMail 2006/02/27 20:36:27 (permalink)
    Another Issue With Mdaemon. When Creating a new domain with hosting controller, hosting controller does not setup a postmaster alias for the mail domain, legally a postmaster has to be designated for every domain according to RFC-822
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mdaemon WebMail 2006/02/03 09:39:25 (permalink)
    Would you please let me know where exactly HC should enable ¬postmaster¬ alias in MDaemon Server.
    ItalianGod
    RE: Mdaemon WebMail 2006/12/03 04:09:01 (permalink)
    postmaster alias should be assigned to the main user when the domain is created.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mdaemon WebMail 2006/03/13 04:46:51 (permalink)
    Yes HC would be able to set ¬postmaster¬ alias in upcoming hotfix.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Mdaemon WebMail 2006/03/13 12:23:45 (permalink)
    I have uploaded fix at this URL. Please replace AdvMail.dll on your machine by following these instructions:

Restart IIS to unlock this dll

--- Command To UnRegister Dll: (C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\dll regsvr32 -u AdvMail.dll)

--- Replace new dll at this path. C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\dll

--- Command To Register New Dll: (C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\dll regsvr32 AdvMail.dll)

Jump to: