LockedNon standard msgs in HC SMTP

Author
FL-ex
Premium Member
2006/05/12 14:59:57 (permalink)

Non standard msgs in HC SMTP

Friends,

I insist, HC SMTP should use standard RFC error codes.

For example this msg wasnt sent. The error is

"Error","05/10/06","11:00:38","Failed to send
mail","mail.guiaruja.com.br"," painel@lucanet.com.br"," xxx@guiaruja.com.br","Chamado 1340 aberto (Cpia)","An invalid argument was supplied.","D:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP\recyclebin\7149e9fc-2cd2-4e4a-8b87-369238e38135.sqm",

What is this? An invalid argument? I have a lot of experience with mail server, we represent Merak in Brazil. Merak logs Im able to read and identify any problem. But the error above surely is non-standard, no?

Thanks,
Flavio

4 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Non standard msgs in HC SMTP 2006/12/05 12:32:19 (permalink)
    These error codes are for developers not for you so please don¬t worry about them.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    RE: Non standard msgs in HC SMTP 2006/05/13 06:17:38 (permalink)
    But the problem is I need to understand the error so I can take the appropriate measures. It would be important for you guys to follow RFC and standard SMTP errors.

Or else, how will I fix the issue? My mail server can send to this destination normally. HC shows an error msg which I cant decipher.

Pls help. Thanks.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Non standard msgs in HC SMTP 2006/05/20 07:37:10 (permalink)
    Log errors are very much understandable and right now it is not possible for us to standardize error logging for all supported 10 mail servers.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    RE: Non standard msgs in HC SMTP 2006/05/21 14:59:57 (permalink)
    Ok, no problem, but I think you did not understand me yet. Im saying that it would be good (maybe for new panel?) that HC uses standard RFC error msgs. Thats what all mail servers should do and Merak and others do... The errors HC shows sometimes are of no use for us (and like you even said, its for developers...?)
    Jump to: