LockedHC and mysql - it works but it does not work

Author
master HC debater
2006/06/11 05:51:11 (permalink)

HC and mysql - it works but it does not work

I am having problems accessing databases

In the HC login all the accounts can connect and create data bases, but the web sites them selves cannot connect to any of the data bases

I enabled phpbb in the HC panel and for some reason the web sites can connect to that data base, and I can use it¬s user data and connect to it from other things like our phpnuke site

So im thinking that when HC creates the data base something is not working, with mysql admin program I can see the data bases in mysql

Msql admin program cannot seem to restore data bases either, but the HC panel can restore database

I tried setting up myphpadmin and it says this

#1251 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

im at a loss as to why only HC installed PHPBB can actually access mysql

9 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC and mysql - it works but it does not work 2006/12/06 14:44:13 (permalink)
    As you mentioned in your post, hc is creating mySQL databases and PhpBB is working too. Its mean database created by HC in mySQL Server is connected with PhpBB pages. We dnt support PhpNuke & PhpMyAdmin therefore I am not sure about their working.

#1251 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client.

If you get this error in HC then you have to follow these steps:

You need to update 2 files of mySQL(libmysql.dll & mysqldump.exe) into hc installation path. Please follow the below instructions to configure mySQL server correctly with HC.

Stop all IIS and HostingController Services.
    Copy libmysql.dll from (X:/mySQL installation path/Bin) path of local or remote MySql machine and replace at these locations X:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\exes and X:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\dll of HC Primary machine.

Copy libmysql.dll from (X:/mySQL installation path/Bin) path of local or remote MySql machine and paste at this path of X:\WINNT and X:\WINNT\System32 Folder HC Primary machine.

Copy mysqldump.exe from (X:/mySQL installation path/Bin) path of local or remote MySql machine and replace at this location X:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\exes Start IIS and hostingcontroller services.
    master HC debater
    RE: HC and mysql - it works but it does not work 2006/12/06 18:49:58 (permalink)
    one of the other HC admins says its the ODBC DSN

master HC debater
    RE: HC and mysql - it works but it does not work 2006/12/06 22:35:54 (permalink)
    yea nothing you guys posted helped

i found out that the besst config was php5 with mysql4
    then you edit the php.ini to work with mysql4 by allowing it to use the php-mysql.dll file which you have to download from mysql site :)

every thing works nicely now
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC and mysql - it works but it does not work 2006/06/13 04:34:29 (permalink)
    Good but please confirm PhpBB is still working with HC?
    master HC debater
    RE: HC and mysql - it works but it does not work 2006/06/13 08:10:37 (permalink)
    yes it is working again but only with php4/5 and mysql4
    for some reason mysql5 just wont work even when i configre php5 to use the mysql dlls
    you guys need a faq on how to make php work with mysql it would save you guys a lot of trouble as there is a php-mysql.dll totally missing from the HC, PHP and mysql installs
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC and mysql - it works but it does not work 2006/06/14 05:33:32 (permalink)
    Well we don¬t officially support PHP working with mySQL through HC panel. If there is any comaptibility issue of PHP with mySQL then better to contact with concerned third party support. Thanx
    master HC debater
    RE: HC and mysql - it works but it does not work 2006/06/14 17:38:45 (permalink)
    when you are selling a product you are supposed to say yes our product works with this and this and this and you can even use this, this is how

you do not sit there and say we really dont support it good luck in getting it working

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC and mysql - it works but it does not work 2006/06/15 05:51:10 (permalink)
    We don¬t support PhpNuke with HC panel. Yes we support Php and mySQL separately and If any third party has any compatiability issue with them or they have with each other then that does not lie in our scope.
    twizted
    RE: HC and mysql - it works but it does not work 2007/10/24 10:15:37 (permalink)
    I am running the latest PHP and MySQL builds and everything works perfectly. I fought pretty hard getty Gallery2 to work, but we now have 3-4 applications including G2 and PhpBB that work perfectly. A user can create the MySQL database, install the BB or G2 and bring everything up 100% without issues.

The only thing I can't get working really is FastCGI from Microsoft. I can manually get it to work, but I a user can't install a PHP/MySQL application and have it work properly without me messing with it.

Also, I did have to use a version of a DLL from 2 builds of MySQL to get the scripts to stop dumping errors at the bottom of the screen too.
    Jump to: