LockedHC7 licensing

Author
mdscorp
Premium Member
2006/12/21 19:31:48 (permalink)

HC7 licensing

How does HC7 licensing works?
We have to purchase 1 full license for each master AND subsequent server we use?

5 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC7 licensing 2006/12/22 07:42:58 (permalink)
    Yes you need a separate license for each server in your cluster; it can be either WebServer or secondary(Mail/DNS/Database) server license.

You can purchase 50, 100, 250 or unlimited domains license for your web server. For secondary machines which are not web servers, you will need to purchase Mail/DNS/DB license for each machine. Visit Online Store for pricing.

For existing customers upgrade cost from HC6 to HC7 is $249/web server and those who purchased HC6.1 on standard price after 1st of September 2005 will be entitled for free upgrade to HC7.

+1-213-341-1419
    mdscorp
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 licensing 2006/12/22 08:43:14 (permalink)
    what about for users leasing what is the pricing?
    also, what about HC resellers?

mdscorp
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 licensing 2006/12/22 08:52:46 (permalink)
    So any subsequent server to be used as WEB server requires a full license ? wow, this doesn't seem to be fair...

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC7 licensing 2006/12/23 07:54:13 (permalink)
    Even in HC v6.1, all webServers require separate licenses and same policy is continued for HC7. The only license policy change for HC7 is that now remote Mail/DNS/Database servers require separate license ($75/server) which is infact quite nominal and many of existing customers have already paid for it.

If you're an existing reseller, you'll get same percentage discount for HC7. For further details, it's better to contact Hosting Controller Sales department directly at sale@hostingcontroller.com .

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 licensing 2006/12/28 08:52:30 (permalink)
    The bit i dont like about hc7 licenses is that you have to pay for the 1 click installer addon.

I reckon thats not right!

Unless hc have developed a method of auto updating the apps if an update is released so we dont have security ridden phpbb installs on our system which rely on end users to update.

The fact people have paid for RBX but no date / time or even if another RBX is going to be released for v7. So at the moment we have a cp which cant be backed up.

This is my view but i reckon v7 was rushed out to soon, i could be wrong but why not release it on Jan 1st 2007 or something like that?

www.Dhosting.co.uk - Web Hosting, Domain Registration, Windows 2003 NLB Cluster with HC 6.1!!!
    www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    Jump to: