LockedError after Install

Author
cwildermuth
2007/02/16 18:46:15 (permalink)

Error after Install

I just installed HC7 on a newly installed Win2k3 server (with PHP, MySQL installed first) and when I go to the login pay it says it cant be found. I've checked and default.aspx is set as the default content page. For S&Gs I create a "hello world" html file in the web root directory and it comes up fine.

All of the sub directories say "access denied" if I try to acces them.

Any of the pages say "Page cannot be found" as if the page doesnt exist.

The IIS logs show me requesting the page.

Like I said, this is a clean install on a clean box (I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling HC7, and repairing the existing HC7 install with no luck)

Any ideas? It is pretty bad when an Install doesnt work right out of the box... I cant even see the login page!

7 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Error after Install 2007/02/17 08:06:11 (permalink)
    Please make sure .NET extensions are not prohibited in your IIS Server under WebServices Extensions node.

+1-213-341-1419
    cwildermuth
    RE: Error after Install 2007/02/17 12:45:10 (permalink)
    Ok, I that seemed to fix that problem.. I went back an reinstalled the .NET framework which fixed the ASP.NET extensions in IIS, and then I enabled them. Now I see the login page.

It wont let me login though... I've tried every username and password I can think of. I've reinstalled a few times thinking I mistyped the password, and I've tried passwords with/without special characters and upper/lower case but it keeps saying invalid user ID or password. ???

Now what?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Error after Install 2007/02/19 03:31:47 (permalink)
    What is your HC7 Database type? Please follow this article and If you are using MSDE as HC7 Database Server please make sure its service is running after installation and HC7 Database was created in it. If issue is still there please contact HC Support at support@hostingcontroller.com.

+1-213-341-1419
    cwildermuth
    RE: Error after Install 2007/02/19 09:00:30 (permalink)
    I reinstalled Windows, and re-installed HC7 and now I can login to the control panel.

When I add a new website HC creates the zone file in the %systemroot%\system32\dns directory, but the domain doesnt ever seem to show up in DNS. Is there something special I need to do? Am I missing something?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Error after Install 2007/02/19 10:54:47 (permalink)
    Please check your DNS Server event log for errors and restart your DNS Service and make sure you can manually create zones from DNS console.

+1-213-341-1419
    cwildermuth
    RE: Error after Install 2007/02/20 07:15:30 (permalink)
    Ok.... my PC didnt have a FULL DNS name so I guess that was causing the DNS server to freak out?

That's fixed now!

Now that it's been working I've been messing with HC7 and I quite like it! I'd hardly say it all works "out of the box" just yet; I've still run into a few issues (mostly with PHP configuration) that isnt really HC's fault... but when HC says there is click to install apps like Mambo you almost need to make sure PHP config is correct so that Mambo works :-) Anyhow... it's a neat product but I think you still have to feel comfortable hitting google and doing some searching online for error messages and fixes to actually install/use it.

I'm looking forward to coming releases and I'll post things that I find wrong/issues in the forum so hopefully others can benefit from them.

Thanks!
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Error after Install 2007/02/20 07:31:06 (permalink)
    It might be the reason. Anyway its nice to know that issue is fixed. There are some compatiability issues of PHP working with mySQL. You should use PHP 5.1.2 with mySQL 4.1.7 as they are most compatiable versions. Please also make sure you have full PHP version with mySQL extensions support installed on your machine and all necessary changes have been made in php.ini file.

I will suggest you to contact HC Support by email, in that way you can get quick response from us. :)

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: