Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
crnunez
Premium Member
2007/09/03 22:29:16 (permalink)

Awstats Issues

Hi,
In other post @Chris Daley wrote:

Temp fix for awstats the registry trigger works from what i can see its just the automated bit isnt, i.e. its not running when it should

So create two files
Filename: awstats.reg
Contents:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Advanced Communications\HostingController\Services]
"TriggerAWStats"=dword:00000001

Filename: awstats.bat
Contents:
regedit /I /S d:\scripts\awstats.reg

Now change the path to the reg file in the awstats.bat.

Now you can create a windows task to run every hour and execute the awstats.bat

Remember this is a temp fix until hc sort the problem but if you need up to date stats its an easy way to get them working!

You can check your windows application log for hsync events one should be
Hosting Controller Sync Service: Performing awstats update.

The second one should be
Hosting Controller Sync Service: Awstats update finised.

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.

Now, each time that I restart the server without apply the fix of Chris, Awstats doesnt update BUT BUT if I manually change the value in Registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Advanced Communications\HostingController\Services]
"TriggerAWStats"=dword:00000001 then in the same time "vuala, magic" Awstats update, but I refresh the registry and the value back to "dword:0000000".

Its the problem with Awstats, I suppose that some perms on this key is the problem.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Advanced Communications\HostingController\Services] has HC7group DENIED!

What HC support does think about this??? I think that it is the problem "The Triggers" ...

RN

18 Replies Related Threads

crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/09/03 23:05:19 (permalink)
    P.D.: HC support view my server, apparently the issue was solved BUT in the firt reboot, Awstats dont update AGAIN, persitent issue.

RN
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/10/03 04:47:56 (permalink)
    Well thats odd.

Our awstats is now working without my fix but havent done a reboot yet, next reboot will be end of March.

If the value in the reg goes back to 0 that means hc has detected the trigger of 1 and started the update then changes the reg entry to 0 so its ready for another trigger.

Keeping a close eye on awstats but until we reboot will not no if its worked.

I may reboot the box earlier see what i can do

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    Albert38
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/11/03 00:29:37 (permalink)
    It is easy You do not need to trigger awstats by the register.

First check if you can open the stats page in your browser and klick the update button. If this works proceed below, if this not work check if perl is configured and working.

Find the file ServerSettings.xml it is normaly located in C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller 7C\INI

Open this file in your IE.
    If you see in the part 'global-settings' AWstats entries like in this picture you need to remove them (edit in ultraedit or other editer).
    http://sstv.ombouw.com/image7.jpg
    Be carefull you need to remove all these parts from the 'global-settings' section.

Check for the section 'servers' \ 'server name' \ 'Service' in this section must be the the two enties "statsdomains" and "Update-time" for AWStats like above.

Then check for the section 'services-config' there must be a entry 'awstats-start-time' like this.

If all is ok save the file restart your server and AWStats will start updating from the hour set in 'awstats-start-time'

See example 'ServerSettings.xml' to see how this file must look like..
    http://sstv.ombouw.com/ServerSettings.xml
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/11/03 20:46:11 (permalink)
    @Albert, Thanks but I try with your method but it not results for me.

Each time that I change any value in Server Manager :: My Servers, the file serversettings.xml change and I don't knlow if HC7 corrupt this file after any change or not.

I'm waiting that HC said something about this bug and fix it.

RN
    Albert38
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/11/03 23:20:01 (permalink)
    If the removed parts are back in 'ServerSettings.xml' HC has corrupted it.

The solution from chris is working great for updating bandwith in HC7 I run it every day at 23:58 hour with this registery key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Advanced Communications\HostingController\Services]
    "TriggerBandwidth"=dword:00000001
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/12/03 04:54:16 (permalink)
    DON'T modify 'ServerSettings.xml' in any case. If you have any problem please contact us by mail with your server access. HC does NOT corrupt 'ServerSettings.xml'.

@Crunez we are checking your server.

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/12/03 12:09:04 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by HC Support
    [br]HC does NOT corrupt 'ServerSettings.xml'.

Well if HC doesn't corrupt 'ServerSettings.xml' how did the AWStats enties came in 'ServerSettings.xml' under global setting ??

And maybe HC can explane why the AWStats entries are placed back by HC in the global settings part of 'ServerSettings.xml' as they do not suppose to be there. (read HCSupport post from 03/09/2007 : 03:23:24 Here http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4493&whichpage=2 )

To see that I'm not telling fairytails remove the AWStats entries from the part global settings in 'ServerSettings.xml' go to HC panel global settings disable 'Statistic Sites' save settings go back to global settings enable 'Statistic Sites' and select AWStats save settings and view 'ServerSettings.xml' the AWstats enries are placed there by HC. The corrupting of 'ServerSettings.xml' is done.

After removing the entries AWStats wil start working until you change the global settings again.

P.S.: DON'T modify 'ServerSettings.xml' in any case. You payed HC to do that for you. You did not pay for the HC panel software you only payed to get support from HC.
    Well Support of HC is OK but not nessery if the software was working as well as Support does..
    Dalwano
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/03/13 20:48:12 (permalink)
    Have HC finally admitted that AWSTATS auto-update is not working ?

EDIT: I just saw in another post that they are saying it's not a bug and that it's server misconfiguration. How the [expletive] can you say that ? It was working on HC 6, I upgrade to one of the early HC7 and AWSTATS didn't work at all. You identified the problem and made some changes to correct it in the next build release. The manual fix you gave me did solve the initial proble.

Since the 'fixed' build release, AWSTATS does NOT, I repeat, NOT, auto-update anymore. Can't you understand that if there is some misconfiguration, it's been done by your own HC installation ? Is it really that difficult to understand ? Do I need to start shouting on WebHostingTalk to finally get you guys to address the problem ?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/03/14 08:50:38 (permalink)
    @Albert

I totally agree that Awstats scheduler is NOT working on your machine; otherwise you wouldn’t have posted this issue here. But let’s stay positive about it. After all it’s all about getting the problem resolved. We’ve been keeping our next build under continuous QA just because of this Awstats issue. We have not yet been able to replicate the issue yet on any local server or any client’s server that we got access of. At all of the machines, we found some configuration issue, that’s why I stated earlier that it’s NOT confirmed as a bug yet. But since most of the people have facing problems with the Awstats, it is currently our top priority issue that we are working on.

Since you have explored ServerSettings.xml so let me clear the purpose of the fields that you mentioned and why shouldn’t they be edited manually.

Global settings section, as its name depicts, contains global settings for each service of each role and acts as a template for all the servers while being configured. So editing or removing any value from it will surely affect all the servers that you have configured. That’s why I mentioned earlier, that under no circumstances should any one edit this file manually. Also all its settings if removed manually, will re-appear if you save the Global settings again from the panel. Its re-appearing in serversettings.xml file is not a bug, neither is the HC corrupting this file by putting the values again, Instead this is where it saves the global settings.

Under global-settings, you will see node . If you remove this, new servers added to cluster will never know, what type of stats server has been selected for the cluster in global settings.

Also under each server’s own configuration identified by , you will again find the node

This is each server’s related configuration section, and that’s why here you will find additional node of ‘update-time’. This is used for each server to configure the awstats update interval for itself. Please note that we keep this setting update-time configurable per server basis and not at global level. You can verify this from panel; you will find this option at server’s configuration level and not at global level.

I’m not sure why are you getting this update-time value being set under global section. I’ve not been able to replicate such a scenario locally or on any client’s machine so far, but I don’t disagree that it’s not happening on your system as you gave the screenshots.

Regarding Awstats scheduler dependency on this setting, let me clear that Awstats scheduler picks its settings from the server configuration section and “services-config” section and not from the global settings section. So no matter what is there in the global settings section, Awstats scheduler must work, and if its not working on your machine, It would be much help for getting the issue resolved, if you let us check the problem on your server.

I hope we can resolve this problem as early as possible.

@Dalwano

We are already on this problem, please check following things at your end.

Awstats is configured for all the servers.
    Perl is correctly configured for all the servers.
    Perl is included in the plans, in which the sites are created.
    If you update the Awstats from the browser, its working fine.
    Make sure that in EventViewer under “Administrative Tools”, HCSync service is logging these entries at configured times for scheduler or not
    Hosting Controller Sync Service: Performing awstats update
    Hosting Controller Sync Service: Awstats update finised

Abdullah Inayat
    +1-213-341-1419
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/03/14 09:05:19 (permalink)
    Sir Abdullah Inayat,
    Can you check my ticket? Awstats auto update doesnt work on my server, and when any member of your staff "resolve the issue", after server reboot the issue appear again and Awstats doesnt work again (AUTO UPDATE DOESNT WORK).

Thanks for your help.

RN
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/03/14 09:22:16 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by crnunez
    [br]Sir Abdullah Inayat,
    Can you check my ticket? Awstats auto update doesnt work on my server, and when any member of your staff "resolve the issue", after server reboot the issue appear again and Awstats doesnt work again (AUTO UPDATE DOESNT WORK).

Thanks for your help.

RN

We are checking your server and found that Awstats auto update run at 1 pm. Please check your stats sites for refrence. Anyway we are still observing.

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/03/14 10:51:37 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by HC Support
    Since you have explored ServerSettings.xml so let me clear the purpose of the fields that you mentioned and why shouldn’t they be edited manually.

Global settings section, as its name depicts, contains global settings for each service of each role and acts as a template for all the servers while being configured. So editing or removing any value from it will surely affect all the servers that you have configured.

I totaly understand. At first there where two AWStats entries under global settings one to set AWStats as stats server and one for the updating interval. These two entries where also under the part servers one entrie for every server in the cluster.

Well I understand one entrie has to be under global settings and two entries have to be under servers. What is strange is that two entries are nessesary under servers becours every server knows AWStats is stat server as this is set under global settings.

I Know already that when i put both values under global settings AWStats will stop working. I also know that when I remove all AWStats entries from global settings and place them under server that AWStats is working.

My next test will be placing back only the 'statsdomains' for AWStats under global settings (not the 'update-time' value) If this is working correct I will remove the 'statsdomains' from server settings and see if this is working. Keep you informed.

quote:

Regarding Awstats scheduler dependency on this setting, let me clear that Awstats scheduler picks its settings from the server configuration section and “services-config” section and not from the global settings section. So no matter what is there in the global settings section, Awstats scheduler must work, and if its not working on your machine, It would be much help for getting the issue resolved, if you let us check the problem on your server.

Well the problem on my server is solved by editing the file 'ServerSettings.xml' I'm sure one of the earlyer builds of HC7 has put the 'update-time' entrie under global settings as it could not be placed there out of nowhere.

@HC Support. You still have access to my testserver and you are still welcome to test things on it login info you can find in ticket 2032166-0901 The configuration you find there is working at the moment. I will test what I wrote above on one of my other testservers and post results here.
    Albert38
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/03/14 11:14:04 (permalink)
    One addon to the reply above.

If you set in 'ServerSettings.xml' the global settings for the complete cluster how can a change on one server have effect to other servers in the cluster ? 'ServerSettings.xml' is not reachable from the network and global settings for AWStats are not stored in the DB.

After I change global settings I get the message "Success : Global Settings updated successfully. You must update all the Servers in the Cluster according to the changes made to Global Settings." This message is telling me that I have to manualy update all servers in the cluster with the same changes I made to the one I'm working on at that moment.

So the next question that is coming up for me is:
    How "global" are the global settings as I have to change them manualy on every server???
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Awstats Issues 2007/03/15 09:14:36 (permalink)
    @Albert

Please let me assure you that HC never wants its users to take the burden of editing configurations files manually :).
    quote:

What is strange is that two entries are nessesary under servers becours every server knows AWStats is stat server as this is set under global settings.

Yes you are partially right that stats-type is being duplicated under global-section and each server’s own section. But the update-interval is not duplicated, instead kept only under server’s own section, keeping it configurable for each server, considering that a Webhost may want different update intervals for Awstats. It would have been clearer if you had selected any other statserver like SmarterStats. In that case you will see global-settings having the statsserver type only as “smarterstats”, but under each server’s settings, you would have seen IP, Port, Adminuser, AdminPassword of SmarterStats on that particular server.

quote:

After I change global settings I get the message "Success : Global Settings updated successfully. You must update all the Servers in the Cluster according to the changes made to Global Settings." This message is telling me that I have to manualy update all servers in the cluster with the same changes I made to the one I'm working on at that moment.

So the next question that is coming up for me is:

How "global" are the global settings as I have to change them manualy on every server???

HC gives this message, as a change in Global Settings needs to be propagated to all the servers currently added in cluster. That’s why HC asks to edit all the servers and re-run the configuration wizards of those servers to sync the change with the Global Settings. For example if you have configured your Global Settings, lets say with Php disabled, and you have added multiple servers in your cluster according to those Global Settings. On your customer’s demand, you decide to provide support Php sites too and you enable it in Global settings. Now you must edit each server from the HC7 panel again to configure PHP path for each server having ‘WebServer’ role, so that from now on, HC can enable Php on sites of the webservers using the Php path that is configured for that particular webserver.

quote:

If you set in 'ServerSettings.xml' the global settings for the complete cluster how can a change on one server have effect to other servers in the cluster ? 'ServerSettings.xml' is not reachable from the network and global settings for AWStats are not stored in the DB

ServerSettings.xml containing all the Global Settings and each Server’s settings, resides on Database server (where first installation of HC7 is done) only. It is accessible to all the servers through Remoting Service, so all the servers can pick any settings from this file remotely.

In the end, I would again recommend that “ServerSettings.xml” is not a file that is for a WebHost to study. It’s a file for HC7’s modules and services to use. So you might get confused figuring out things from this file.

Hope I’ve answered your questions.

Abdullah Inayat

+1-213-341-1419
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: