LockedBuild 7 Issues

Author
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
2007/03/16 10:21:30 (permalink)

Build 7 Issues

Right, i'm slightly annoyed, over the past two weeks i've found several issues in hc7c lol they've been ignored.

List is below if anyone can replicate let me know :)

Domain creation email
The mail section is still faulty
Email Administration URL : http://www.dtest.com:80/accounts Email Client URL : http://www.dtest.com:80/mail It doesn’t follow the settings set for the mail server, should be mail.[domain]:80 etc

Also the email is sent twice to the EU instead of cc to reseller

IIS Password does not work
When you add a private folder in hc it creates the .htaccess file but fails to create .htpasswd so when you try and login to a private folder you get unauthorised error from iispassword, if I create the user in the iispassword section of iis manager it creates .htpasswd and works perfectly.

Also you need to make it so multiple users can be added for one folder, also so you can edit that list etc

Bandwidth seems to be working, but no bandwidth stats show under reseller > reports > bandwidth (this was an imported reseller from v6.1)

Remember we have migrated from v6.1 to v7 not sure why but hc cant replicate / ignore the above

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.

7 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Build 7 Issues 2007/03/16 10:27:52 (permalink)
    DON'T report machine specific issues here. We will check your issues on your machine and let you know.

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Build 7 Issues 2007/03/16 10:30:22 (permalink)
    The idea is to find out if they are machine specific

I doubt they are more setup specific, i.e. migration depending on which build of hc7 u used to migrate etc

crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Build 7 Issues 2007/03/17 12:03:40 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dhosting.co.uk
    [br]
    Domain creation email
    The mail section is still faulty
    Email Administration URL : http://www.dtest.com:80/accounts Email Client URL : http://www.dtest.com:80/mail It doesn’t follow the settings set for the mail server, should be mail.[domain]:80 etc

Also the email is sent twice to the EU instead of cc to reseller

IIS Password does not work
    When you add a private folder in hc it creates the .htaccess file but fails to create .htpasswd so when you try and login to a private folder you get unauthorised error from iispassword, if I create the user in the iispassword section of iis manager it creates .htpasswd and works perfectly.

Also you need to make it so multiple users can be added for one folder, also so you can edit that list etc

Bandwidth seems to be working, but no bandwidth stats show under reseller > reports > bandwidth (this was an imported reseller from v6.1)

Remember we have migrated from v6.1 to v7 not sure why but hc cant replicate / ignore the above

About IIS Password in my case I have to have manually put on the file " .htpasswd_anyfolder " Special Perms "Everyone read access over the file, then IISPassword
    works! Its a perms issue when IISPassword create the file .htpasswd_anyfolder it doesnt put the correct perms.

P.D.: Everyone is extreme, but at least is a hint about the problem, with other perms I suppose that the problem disappear...

Regards.

RN
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Build 7 Issues 2007/03/18 16:03:50 (permalink)
    P.D.: In HC7 with any genuine Reseller (NOT IMPORTED or MIGRATED) under HCAdmin, IIS Password works fine (without any special perms), also upload manager works well.

RN
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Build 7 Issues 2007/03/19 02:28:27 (permalink)
    The good news hc can see several issues on our box which arent replicated on their local system

At a guess they didnt migrate users in.

Now this could also be related to which build you used to migrate users to hc. i.e. several issues were fixed in one build on the migration side, now at a guess more have been fixed recently but as most of us have moved users in we will still have the issues :(

So the question is hc for the issues which other hc users can replicate in the same conditions when will we get a hotfix. Are we going to have to wait till April, long way from now :(

Wonders if we should get some special discount for all the issues we are having. It seems to me we are the test bed for hc7 :)

Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Build 7 Issues 2007/03/19 03:09:35 (permalink)
    New Issue,

When you edit the billing info template you loose country, city, payment selection boxes, i.e. they go blank

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Build 7 Issues 2007/03/20 09:32:02 (permalink)
    Both of you are in communication with support dept. through your already opened ticket and they are replying you there. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: