Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Author
crnunez
Premium Member
2007/04/04 23:19:23 (permalink)

Issues in build 8 & some notes

Hi,
Yesterday, we had a new release of HC, build 8 . This build has some fixes:
+1º Issue with wrong setup of Mail Enable was solved.
+2º Issue with some sorts was solved.
+3º Issue with missing Icon AppPool Recycling, it comes back again.
+4º Issue with Add DSN was solved.
+5º Issue with Bandwidth usage graphs for current month is solved. * Pending for last months and problem with cache images (bandwidth graphs).
+6º Issue with Resource Usage Summary in home page was solved.
+7º Issue with wrong domain creation and user with any "drop" word (reserved word) was solved.
+8º Now MySQL accept strong password and you can change this password.
+9º Others minor issues.

But, We have news and pending issues in this release... :(
-1º It is impossible send any mail through Control Panel, it has this error: "Could not access 'CDO.Message'" solution, please guys take a look in this reference: http://forums.asp.net/thread/713369.aspx
Then HCmail has a false positive said message successful sent, but it is false because HCmail Debug show "Could not access 'CDO.Message'" then also Invoices, Setup creation, Password recovery doesnt work!
2º Pending definitive solution for IISPassword, it is easy, only view this old post, but the solution works perfect. http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3928 (In some system that had migrated from HC6.1 IISPassword doesn’t work)
3º Pending improve Bandwidth graphs.
4º Disk Usage Report is wrong for "Disk Usage Report of "onedomain.com" (incorrect values non updated) but is updated for "Reports :: Disk Usage :: Usage Report :: Details"
5º Drop-Down Box Menus for Tools :: COM Manager :: Register COM > Associated website; an others Drop-Down menus doesnt have any sort.
6º Incorrect ACL, Control Panel doesnt read any perms from HHD, also Control Panel repeat some perms a lot of times (bucle)...
7º When you used Disk Quota or Bandwidth with Warning message, then this message never is remove if wou assign more quota, Control Panel doesnt remove HC7Isapi from IIS...
8º When you go to folder manager and select a folder and click zip it up, it creates the archive but hc doesn’t put the .zip file extension ...

Let me check for more... (I would wish not to find any more issues )

Regards.

RN

74 Replies Related Threads

Albert38
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/04/04 23:36:27 (permalink)
    HC did a good job

Found one issue so far.
    On the page 'Reports :: Bandwidth Usage :: Usage Report' is an error.
    consumed bandwitdh on the first row of the table is correct on the second and total row it isn't. If its on the first row 100MB it has to be the same on the second and total row. Or on the total row has to be the sum of consumed bandwidth of all domains within the plan.

quote:

-1º It is impossible send any mail through Control Panel, it has this error: "Could not access 'CDO.Message'" solution, please guys take a look in this reference: http://forums.asp.net/thread/713369.aspx
    Then HCmail has a false positive said message successful sent, but it is false because HCmail Debug show "Could not access 'CDO.Message'" then also Invoices, Setup creation, Password recovery doesnt work!

I can confim this hope we do not have to wait a month for a solution.
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/04 08:33:11 (permalink)
    @Albert

Yes, It is very very important function in HC. Urgent!

RN
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/06/04 02:15:14 (permalink)
    Please HC, It is urgent, HC doesnt send any mail! ticket: 2047469-2403

Thx

RN
    Albert38
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/06/04 08:06:44 (permalink)
    RN It looks like that HC isn't doing anyting about it..For now...
    I think they don't give a f*** about it afther we put the message here that there is a problem they proudly announced the new build 8 just as if there is nothing wrong with it.

People be carefull HC has released a build that isn't able to send any E-mails afther you upgrade to it !!

But we can send the emails by hand. Just set debuging on email. The emails will be writen in html in the log file so that it is posible to copy them from there in new emails and send them by hand.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/06/04 13:21:19 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Albert38
    [br]RN It looks like that HC isn't doing anyting about it..For now...
    I think they don't give a f*** about it afther we put the message here that there is a problem they proudly announced the new build 8 just as if there is nothing wrong with it.

People be carefull HC has released a build that isn't able to send any E-mails afther you upgrade to it !!

But we can send the emails by hand. Just set debuging on email. The emails will be writen in html in the log file so that it is posible to copy them from there in new emails and send them by hand.

Mails are being sent for some customers. It does not look like a bug. We are checking it and will update you in 24 hrs. Thanks for being patient.

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/06/04 14:52:15 (permalink)
    Something that works perfect before update to build 8 and doesn't after, isn't a misconfiguration. It looks more as something that is related to the new code in build 8. But thanks for looking at it.

@HC Support: To reply to you abouth the other tread you closed.
    quote:

If you are not sure about any thing then don't play with it. You have to change the password of 'HC7Administrator' anonymous user for all /admin virtual directoriese listed under domain.com in IIS.

I already figured that out. And if HC was not creating wrong enties in metabase.xml or replyed faster to the complain in this forum nobody has to play with thing HC doesn't know about. If you knew about you knew that the setting 'AnonymousPasswordSync' doesn't belong in metabase.xml annymore becourse it can cause security problems.

Maybe you do better when you are giving ansers than telling people that they must not change anything or that they aren't skilled enough to manage there systems. If HC development was skilled enough in HC where only small bugs found and not builds released that aren't able to do something simple as sending an e-mail. I installed today HC7 build 8 on 5 systems none of them could send emails so it is not 'some customers' but 'MOST customers' if it isn't so that it is 'ALL customers' facing this problem.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/06/04 23:31:22 (permalink)
    Hello,

After installing the latest build i.e., 8, a old problem has reappeared. I am not sure how many people are facing it, but we are facing it is a fact. We have a remote mail server license and we are using Merak Mail Server. Whenever we change the password for any user in the control panel, the same does not reflect in the mail server. This problem was fixed long ago and has reappeared in the latest build. Is it that the old bugs which are already fixed are not taken care of while releasing a new build. Logically, in every build all the known bugs should get fixed and the old bugs if fixed earlier should not reappear. Also there has been no step taken towards the Disk Usage settings problem. If out of a couple of dozen known bugs, only 5-6 bugs are fixed, then there is no point in releasing the build and proudly announcing the availability of the new build. HC!!! Are you listening?

Regards

Nitesh N
    System Administrator
    QualiSpace, A QuantumPages Enterprise.
    Corporate URL: http://www.QualiSpace.com
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/07/04 11:55:30 (permalink)
    quote:
    [br]RN It looks like that HC isn't doing anyting about it..For now...

Albert, HC is not the reason for every issue. We have checked Mail related problem and found that on some machines it is being generated due to .NET FrameWork conflict with some server configurations. You might like to check on internet that most of the time .NET is the reason to generate CDO error. Please contact support@hostingcontroller.com they will fix this issue for you.

BTW Thanks for your comments about 'AnonymousPasswordSync' we are already checking this issue and findings some workarounds to fix this error permanently.

@nitaish

Yes this issue was fixed. It might be possible Build 8 was not properly installed on your machines. Please contact HC Support. They will check it on priority.

Build 8 is comparatively stable then prior releases and we are trying our best to make it more reliable. I am sorry for the inconvenience you have faced but let me assure you we are very commited to fix all these issues ASAP.

+1-213-341-1419
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/07/04 18:12:28 (permalink)
    Thanks HC for repair or update your web pages for 100% compatibility with Framework 2.

Now, HC build 8 is very stable version.

Best regards.

RN
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/08/04 03:15:45 (permalink)
    Right just emailed this list of bug's / improvments to hc sure tahir or who ever reads this on monday / tuesday will be very happy to see it :(

Some of these are / could be server specific, i.e. only effected on our boxes, or could be issues from migration hc 6.1 to hc 7c.

Many Improvment's etc, anyway guys let me know what you think!

1. BUG (SERVER Specific OR HC 6.1 Migration Issue) - Reseller cant view used bandwidth by end users
    2. REQUEST - What happened to my dual MySQL and mssql support I thought it was going to be in build 8
    3. BUG - We have been having problems with PayPal, not sure if its working in build 8, people were paying the money but credit card wasn’t marking them as paid.
    4. BUG - Every time you guys release an update you destroy our autosignup, it reverts to default, some pages are still as we modified some aren't.
    5. REQUEST - Will you guys integrate PayPal express checkout and PayPal api (its different to normal PayPal)?
    6. BUG - When a reseller replies to a ticket twice, and you look at the ticket the latest reply is shown first, shouldn’t it be the other way round?
    7. BUG - When a reseller replies to a ticket the end user doesn’t get emailed, but the reseller gets the ticket created email and so does the end user.
    8. IMPROVEMENT - When you disable a feature i.e. CMS Manager instead of graying it out wouldn’t it be better to hide the icon?
    9. BUG - When you go to folder manager and select a folder and click zip it up, it creates the archive but hc doesn’t put the .zip file extension
    10. BUG - When I tried to delete the zip file in hc I got Error : 72500040 : Error occurred while deleting the File/ Folder.
    11. IMPROVEMENT - In user profile can you stop forcing user to put a company name in, end users aren't always companies, or make a selection box which says company yes or no, if user selects yes show the company name box, this needs to apply to end users and probably resellers, when you fix this check your emails still work I'm not sure if some of them use the company name.
    12. IMPROVEMENT - In autosignup if a users county / state doesn’t exist they cant add it to the list
    13. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - allow reseller to specify how much disk space is available for mail boxes
    14. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - mail stats both bandwidth and disk space are needed
    15. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - when a users plan is suspended for none payment disable merak domain so mail will not work
    16. BUG - When using URL Redirection if I put http://www.dhosting.co.uk/suspended.html for example hc puts an extra / at the end, this isn't needed and causes errors
    17. IMPROVEMENT - Allow reseller and hcadmin to specify force SSL for autosingup, when handling end users cc details it needs to be in SSL mode, so if URL doesn’t contain https then redirect ?
    18. IMPROVEMENT - Under virtual directory allow end user to make it an app directory, so asp.net can be enabled, problem some of our users get is if they want to run multiple .net apps they need virtual directory or physical directory to be created as an application in IIS, that means assigning an app pool to
    19. IMPROVEMENT - HC Debug log for bandwidth and disk space generation would be good same for AWStats generation
    20. IMPROVEMENT - Reseller Settings (under my server menu) allow a default to be specified i.e. all resellers by default are named based resellers only unless hcadmin alters the settings
    21. IMPROVEMENT - Allow custom menus under current main menu's, i.e. under help we would like a link to our status page
    22. IMPROVEMENT - Custom menu's allow custom logo next to new menu items
    23. IMPROVEMENT - When logged in as hcadmin on main front page it would be nice to see current resource usage along side Sold, at the moment the front page is meaning less as it just shows a symbol for sold :)
    24. IMPROVEMENT - Ability to view windows logs in control panel, maybe under my server > server settings
    25. Any news on our API :)
    26. BUG (Maybe SERVER Specific) - I still see hc sync service in task manager says 64mb ram but in process explorer shows 98mb of ram, still something isn't quite right
    27. REQUEST - Put something up on the hc site about the developers, or have like a chat session once a month, something like Microsoft do with their webcasts, I don’t believe any of the hc users speak directly to the developers but it would be nice to know what they think and what's going on. Bit of a community thing :)

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    Albert38
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/08/04 07:28:23 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by HC Support
    Albert, HC is not the reason for every issue. We have checked Mail related problem and found that on some machines it is being generated due to .NET FrameWork conflict with some server configurations. You might like to check on internet that most of the time .NET is the reason to generate CDO error. Please contact support@hostingcontroller.com they will fix this issue for you.

I would prefere an explanation how to solve this issue instead of some guy from support solving the problem and I don't know what they changed to the server configuration.

Sending messages was working in build 7 is not working in all installations build 8 so what has to be changed to the .NET FrameWork configuration to solve this conflict with some server configurations?

b.t.w. roleback build 8 and replace build 7 files solves the problem.
    Albert38
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/10/04 10:52:32 (permalink)
    HEllO !!!! HC SUPPORT can you anser please !!!

If the email problem is no bug it must be simple to correct the .NET settings so that the conflict is solved.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/10/04 10:52:49 (permalink)
    @Chris

1. BUG (SERVER Specific OR HC 6.1 Migration Issue) - Reseller cant view used bandwidth by end users

It has already been fixed in Build 8, please recheck it.

2. REQUEST - What happened to my dual MySQL and mssql support I thought it was going to be in build 8

We are already working on it and you will get this feature very soon.

3. BUG - We have been having problems with PayPal, not sure if its working in build 8, people were paying the money but credit card wasn’t marking them as paid.

There is no issue with paypal after build 8.

4. BUG - Every time you guys release an update you destroy our autosignup, it reverts to default, some pages are still as we modified some aren't.

Well, in case of any change in variable or code we have to change it for all RESELLERS otherwise it will not work.

5. REQUEST - Will you guys integrate PayPal express checkout and PayPal api (its different to normal PayPal)?

This is FuturePay, we will check this feature but we already have some high priority tasks in our list so I cannot commit when we can implement it.

6. BUG - When a reseller replies to a ticket twice, and you look at the ticket the latest reply is shown first, shouldn’t it be the other way round?

I think current implementation is correct. Latest reply always comes on the top. You know better when you reply to any email, latest will come on the top.

7. BUG - When a reseller replies to a ticket the end user doesn’t get emailed, but the reseller gets the ticket created email and so does the end user.

We are checking it.

8. IMPROVEMENT - When you disable a feature i.e. CMS Manager instead of graying it out wouldn’t it be better to hide the icon?

This is our implementation. Hiding an icon will confuse the end user whereas graying the icon means this feature is not available to him and he can ask his owner to purchase that feature.

9. BUG - When you go to folder manager and select a folder and click zip it up, it creates the archive but hc doesn’t put the .zip file extension

We are checking it.

10. BUG - When I tried to delete the zip file in hc I got Error : 72500040 : Error occurred while deleting the File/ Folder.

We are checking it.

11. IMPROVEMENT - In user profile can you stop forcing user to put a company name in, end users aren't always companies, or make a selection box which says company yes or no, if user selects yes show the company name box, this needs to apply to end users and probably resellers, when you fix this check your emails still work I'm not sure if some of them use the company name.

Okay, we will make company name as optional.

12. IMPROVEMENT - In autosignup if a users county / state doesn’t exist they cant add it to the list

This will add junk to your database. Its not a good idea to provide this option to auto signup user.

13. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - allow reseller to specify how much disk space is available for mail boxes

We have noted down this feature.

14. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - mail stats both bandwidth and disk space are needed

Ok we will check if it could be implemented through HC.

15. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - when a users plan is suspended for none payment disable merak domain so mail will not work

Mail is very important thing. We simply can’t do it. Disabling a website is enough. Also in case we stop his mail domain then how he will get emails from his owner?

16. BUG - When using URL Redirection if I put http://www.dhosting.co.uk/suspended.html for example hc puts an extra / at the end, this isn't needed and causes errors.

We are checking it.

17. IMPROVEMENT - Allow reseller and hcadmin to specify force SSL for autosingup, when handling end users cc details it needs to be in SSL mode, so if URL doesn’t contain https then redirect ?

ok

18. IMPROVEMENT - Under virtual directory allow end user to make it an app directory, so asp.net can be enabled, problem some of our users get is if they want to run multiple .net apps they need virtual directory or physical directory to be created as an application in IIS, that means assigning an app pool to

We are checking it.

19. IMPROVEMENT - HC Debug log for bandwidth and disk space generation would be good same for AWStats generation

Its not clear.

20. IMPROVEMENT - Reseller Settings (under my server menu) allow a default to be specified i.e. all resellers by default are named based resellers only unless hcadmin alters the settings

Why? Any good reason.

21. IMPROVEMENT - Allow custom menus under current main menu's, i.e. under help we would like a link to our status page

All custom menus are created under custom head. We can’t allow user to create custom menu in other heads.

22. IMPROVEMENT - Custom menu's allow custom logo next to new menu items

Okay, we will do it.

23. IMPROVEMENT - When logged in as hcadmin on main front page it would be nice to see current resource usage along side Sold, at the moment the front page is meaning less as it just shows a symbol for sold :)

Actual consumed is meaning less for HOST. HOST has only concerned with what he has sold yet.

24. IMPROVEMENT - Ability to view windows logs in control panel, maybe under my server > server settings

Okay, we will do it.

25. Any news on our API :)

We have started our work on it. You will get it soon.

26. BUG (Maybe SERVER Specific) - I still see hc sync service in task manager says 64mb ram but in process explorer shows 98mb of ram, still something isn't quite right

We have changed Sync service in build 8. Try to do something on your machine and now it will not create problem for you. Its running with low priority now.

27. REQUEST - Put something up on the hc site about the developers, or have like a chat session once a month, something like Microsoft do with their webcasts, I don’t believe any of the hc users speak directly to the developers but it would be nice to know what they think and what's going on. Bit of a community thing :)

Sorry, due to company policy we can not implement it. :)

+1-213-341-1419
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/10/04 11:37:17 (permalink)
    quote:
    [br]HC did a good job

Found one issue so far.
    On the page 'Reports :: Bandwidth Usage :: Usage Report' is an error.
    consumed bandwitdh on the first row of the table is correct on the second and total row it isn't. If its on the first row 100MB it has to be the same on the second and total row. Or on the total row has to be the sum of consumed bandwidth of all domains within the plan.

I can confim this hope we do not have to wait a month for a solution.

Well this is not a bug. There is no problem with webadmin bandwidth report. Regarding reseller, you have to understand how it works. Please note that reseller consumed bandwidth quota is based on how much he has actually sold to the webadmins. If you check reports for any reseller at this path Reports :: Bandwidth Usage :: Usage Reportof host level, you will see reseller sold plans with their Allocated & Consumed quota info. FYI We can not calculate how much a sold plan was used to create reseller plans which he offered to his customers so we display N/A for individual plans and as total we list total consumed bandwidth by his webadmins. I hope its clear.

+1-213-341-1419
    Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
    Jump to: