Lockeddomain.com/admin <--- Can I change This?

Author
Robr
2002/03/30 06:07:12 (permalink)

domain.com/admin <--- Can I change This?

How would I go about changing the /admin section?
I do not want it to be domain.com/admin by default
I would like to make it something like /settings

thanks

7 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: domain.com/admin <--- Can I change This? 2002/03/31 00:31:16 (permalink)
    Hi Robr,

This is not possible with the current version, but we will provide an option to set the control panel directory name in prefernces in the final release. It is also possible that we might remove the virtual directory completely and setup the control panel at a specific random port.

Have a nice day.

Domingo
    Premium Member
    RE: domain.com/admin <--- Can I change This? 2002/03/31 11:46:47 (permalink)
    Hi Aziz,
    It¬s nice to hear that you are thinking on going away from the /admin folder. But my suggestion is that instead of using a port number, that you use a subdomain of the domain being setup. Today we do the following.
    domain1.com get setup and cp.domain1.com is automatically setup for the control panel. People seem to like this aproach better because it does not conflics with their websites existing folder structure. The same would be for the forums, something like forum.domain1.com would be great.

I hope you guys take our suggestions serious because after all, we are the ones that have to deal with the end users. :)

Thanks.
    Domingo.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: domain.com/admin <--- Can I change This? 2002/01/04 09:53:08 (permalink)
    You suggestion has been noted. :)
    ActiveWeb
    RE: domain.com/admin <--- Can I change This? 2002/07/23 14:08:46 (permalink)
    Hi Aziz,

In the current HC 2002 SP2, where would I find this option? We currently use admin for our ASP website as the admin folder for it.

Thanks

Jim
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: domain.com/admin <--- Can I change This? 2002/07/24 11:23:07 (permalink)
    Hello Jim, this option is not provided yet. We will provide this in next build.

Aziz?
    NeokGlitch
    RE: domain.com/admin <--- Can I change This? 2006/12/05 04:52:30 (permalink)
    Is this possible yet?
    And can i disable the virtualdir admin?
    And set my own virtualdirs to at default to a new website?
    And can i set default maps to a new website?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: domain.com/admin <--- Can I change This? 2006/12/05 06:07:12 (permalink)
    You can change default /admin virtual directory name for new domains by login as reseller then My Server--->IIS ( Control Panel Access ). HC will set Home Directory path as \Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\web\admin and you can not change it but you can create additional virtual directoriese under any domain from Domains--->Propertiese---->Virtual Directories option and set their path as you want.
    Jump to: