LockedMerak Aliases

Author
Cruze
2007/05/05 06:11:03 (permalink)

Merak Aliases

Hi Chris,

HC 7 gives me a solution to add a maildomain and mailaccounts. So thats fine. ONE interface for the customer. BUT its not perfect integrated i think! Not user friendly enough! The user and my customers HATE it to have to many URLS, passwords and so on. They want ONE. I think theay did not need all features, but the most important.
- Add Aliases. If i can add a mailaccount so i think it must be a solution to add aliases.
- Add / edit autoresponder
- Add / edit redirect mailaddress

I think thats the most important and VERY OFTEN used features. A mailaddress which i add with HC without a chance to add aliases is bull**** for the customer. He must go to merak admin! So if so i think the HC solution is for the trash, because the user will go straight to the merak admin and this is what i and the customers don't want!

I hope you understand what i mean :-)
My english is not the best.

Felix

13 Replies Related Threads

Cruze
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/05/05 06:18:07 (permalink)
    Sorry this POST is for this entry
    http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4602

nitaish
    Premium Member
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/03/12 05:11:39 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cruze
    [br]Hi Chris,

HC 7 gives me a solution to add a maildomain and mailaccounts. So thats fine. ONE interface for the customer. BUT its not perfect integrated i think! Not user friendly enough! The user and my customers HATE it to have to many URLS, passwords and so on. They want ONE. I think theay did not need all features, but the most important.
    - Add Aliases. If i can add a mailaccount so i think it must be a solution to add aliases.
    - Add / edit autoresponder
    - Add / edit redirect mailaddress

I think thats the most important and VERY OFTEN used features. A mailaddress which i add with HC without a chance to add aliases is bull**** for the customer. He must go to merak admin! So if so i think the HC solution is for the trash, because the user will go straight to the merak admin and this is what i and the customers don't want!

I hope you understand what i mean :-)
    My english is not the best.

Felix

There are lots of things on which HC needs to work on to make the control panel better than the rest. Swsoft has already taken many things into consideration in ***** for Windows. I am sure, cpanel will do the good work too. It is upto HC to study the shortcomings of its software and resolve the same and add newer features.

An ICANN Accredited Domain name Registrar
    - OwnRegistrar.com
    | Shared Hosting | Reseller hosting | Dedicated server | - QualiSpace.com
    Premium AntiSpam / AntiVirus gateway - SpamTermino.com
    Signup as a reseller and get domains only for $6.49
    Albert38
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/03/12 08:12:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by nitaish
    [br]

There are lots of things on which HC needs to work on to make the control panel better than the rest.

It is upto HC to study the shortcomings of its software and resolve the same and add newer features.

There you hit the needle on the head ! I'm personaly not waiting for new licenses for features I do not use. I'm waiting for fixes to problems there are with features that aren't working the way the schould do.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/03/12 10:03:52 (permalink)
    quote:

There you hit the needle on the head ! I'm personaly not waiting for new licenses for features I do not use. I'm waiting for fixes to problems there are with features that aren't working the way the schould do.

I will agree with Nitaish that more applications should be added in hc panel
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/03/12 11:31:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Albert38
    [br]
    quote:
    [br]

There are lots of things on which HC needs to work on to make the control panel better than the rest.

It is upto HC to study the shortcomings of its software and resolve the same and add newer features.

You always mention about issues in each and every post. Can you please list all of your issues in email to hc support so we can check them for you. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/03/12 14:50:21 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by HC Support
    [br]
    quote:
    [br]
    quote:
    [br]

You always mention about issues in each and every post. Can you please list all of your issues in email to hc support so we can check them for you. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419

Maybe you can solve the issue that is now in progress by my last ticket. And when you are doing maybe you can also take a look at the not working backup/recovery tool. Not that I need it..

By the way this forum is to report issues isn't it ? Issues are giving troubles and how nice this part of the forum is called 'Troubleshooting' And when we shoot at trouble whe have to make trouble tickets, what is the use of a Troubleshooting forum if troubles can only be reported in support tickets.

nitaish
    Premium Member
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/04/12 01:20:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by patrick
    [br]
    quote:

I will agree with Nitaish that more applications should be added in hc panel

Yeh, but that does not mean the bugs are not fixed on time and more time is spent on such features which are not really that important. The focus should be in adding features which are more important for hosting business.

- OwnRegistrar.com
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/04/12 01:30:33 (permalink)
    Of course I need fixes for old solution man.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/04/12 04:24:00 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by patrick
    [br]Of course I need fixes for old solution man.

Agreed. That should always be the first priority.

- OwnRegistrar.com
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/04/12 09:55:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    [br]
    quote:
    Originally posted by HC Support
    [br]
    quote:
    [br]
    quote:
    [br]

+1-213-341-1419

Maybe you can solve the issue that is now in progress by my last ticket. And when you are doing maybe you can also take a look at the not working backup/recovery tool. Not that I need it..

By the way this forum is to report issues isn't it ? Issues are giving troubles and how nice this part of the forum is called 'Troubleshooting' And when we shoot at trouble whe have to make trouble tickets, what is the use of a Troubleshooting forum if troubles can only be reported in support tickets.

Please let me know the ticket number? If some issues are machine specific then we have to check them on your machine thats why I asked you to mail on support@hostingcontroller.com.

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/04/12 15:17:10 (permalink)
    Just check the open tickets. Development is woring on one problem now I hope. They are already working for over a week to find why calculations are multyplied 1000 times. I think they finaly find out that the decimal sign is not globaly the same.

When this issue is solved I will create a new one with the following problem that has to do with resources and the silly and easy to misunderstout able way HC is working with it.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/06/12 04:22:38 (permalink)
    You have opened ticket# 20103372-2611 with support department and they have checked this issue in detail on your machine and found that it might be the case due to your regional settings. Anyway we have just got your latest feedback on regional settings and will update you soon. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Merak Aliases 2007/06/12 05:31:32 (permalink)
    according to the just generated "Bandwidth Usage Report" regional settings do not solve the problem. See forward to a solution. Thanks for trying to find what is reason for this problem.
    Jump to: