LockedReseller or webadmin?

Author
lschafroth
2008/05/22 13:45:55 (permalink)

Reseller or webadmin?

With my Current control panel, we never had the reseller option.

The server is managed by me. I am using HC7 on a Windows based machine.

I have configured the payment gateway.

Do I just create 1 reseller account and that account creates all websites and webadmins?

When I sell a site, i usually register their domain myself then add the site. Once they have the login for the control panel, they build the site and configure the rest of their email addresses and etc.

What is the best method to do this via HC7?

When I try to add a reseller it wants me to assign a particular hosting plan to the reseller. Shouldn't the reseller have access to ALL plans?

Lannie

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Reseller or webadmin? 2008/05/23 06:29:10 (permalink)
    To create websites and register domains through HC you must have alteast one reseller in your control panel. Host sell plans to resellers and resellers further sell plans to his webadmins to create sites depending upon the quota available in sold plans. FYI HC panel is based on plan manager and plans are based on resources. You can sell unlimited plan to your reseller to use unlimited resources. Please consult with these articles for further information:

# 1

# 2.

+1-213-341-1419
    lschafroth
    RE: Reseller or webadmin? 2008/05/23 16:03:57 (permalink)
    I created a single reseller with unlimited access.

So far everything looks great except for PayPal payments. It requires users to put their credit info into my site which is not SSL. It also requires them to login with a PayPal account instead of entering the credit information via PayPal's SSL site.

This is a deal breaker for me.

Lannie
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Reseller or webadmin? 2008/05/24 12:33:12 (permalink)
    Paypal provides two options to pay, either your customers can pay using their personal paypal account or pay directly using their CC. You can also install shared SSL certificate on the website to make payment porcess secure. Please follow these articles for reference.

# 1
    # 2

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: