LockedServers down after a couple hours & only reboot fix issue

Author
bangsters
2009/07/04 21:19:20 (permalink)

Servers down after a couple hours & only reboot fix issue

I'm experiencing some issues with HC8.  Wondering if anyone else experiencing the same.

I have 3 servers, all of them are showing as activated and running for a couple hours or so.  Then afterwards 2 of the 3 show RED (unregistered or offline).  I tried restarting the services but nothing works.  Only way to restore connection between them is to reboot the HC MAIN DB server (control panel server).

However, what's weird is that with the 2 that shows offline, one of them is the control panel server.  I mean how can that happen?  How can the main control panel (DB) server see itself as offline or unregistered?  Why will it have a problem communicating with itself??? And the other server that is offline is another windows server.  In short, with my 3 servers (1 control panel windows server, 1 windows mailserver, 1 linux webserver), only the linux server is showing as registered.... I'm puzzled. If 1 should remain registered it should at least be the cp server as it should not have any issues communicating with itself. 

After a reboot of the control panel server, everything shows up as green and all three servers are communicating again....that is after a couple hours then this whole thing starts happening all over again...

Please advice.
post edited by HC Tech - 2009/08/01 04:46:07

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Servers show offline after a couple hours and only a reboot can fix it...what's weird i 2009/07/04 22:51:17 (permalink)
    Follow the instructions given in http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/tm.aspx?m=21260 this shall sort out the issue.
    Especially follow point 4 & 5 next time when it goes down, see if that helps or not.
    bangsters
    Re:Servers show offline after a couple hours and only a reboot can fix it...what's weird i 2009/07/05 18:18:55 (permalink)
    I did all the steps.  The only thing that worked was recycling the App Pool.  Please don't tell me I have to do this every couple hours as the servers show down again after a couple hours or so.  This only remedies the issue, it does not fix it.

Also, as stated in my previous post, how in the world will the DB Server itself show as down, when it is the main server that all the others connect to??  The others can show down, but the main server itself telling me its down is a bit weird and an indication of a serious problem or bug, am I correct to assume that??

Please advice.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Servers show offline after a couple hours and only a reboot can fix it...what's weird i 2009/07/06 06:55:18 (permalink)
    Yes HC db server itself could show down in the panel, which because of losing communication with database server. There might some restriction in the server regarding communication which lose/hang the hc connection session.

Workaround > You can set auto restart schedule for hcAppPool in the IIS after every 4 or 6 hours this might help you.
    Jump to: