Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
crnunez
Premium Member
2009/12/10 06:37:22 (permalink)

Some bugs on Build 5

Hello friends;
                    I can detect some issues on build 5:

1º When I create a new website I get this error: Error : [color=#800080 editorid="ctl00_ctl00_contentplaceholder1_contentplaceholder1_ctl01_body"][canaddcustomcolors="true"][stripabsoluteimagespaths="false"][commoninternalparameters="u2tpblbhdggsrmfsc2usmcxmmupowkvodmjuunlimnh6tdbwa2fyunzjatluytjsdwn5ouvav1pozfd4me1qqxdoatg9"]70701142 : Website created successfully; Error occurred while assigning permission to the website folder.

2º If I click on 70701142 I get "Unhandled exception"

Awstats:  LogFormat="date time s-sitename s-computername s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs-version cs(User-Agent) cs(Cookie) cs(Referer) cs-host sc-status sc-win32-status sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken" IT'S wrong in Windows Server 2008 (Awstats doesnt update), for it works properly it should be: 
LogFormat="%time2 %other %other %other %method %url %query %other %logname %host %other %ua %other %referer %other %code %other %bytesd %other %other"
4º Logs paths has as owner domain_user but its wrong because it causes Error in Event Viewer: ""15006" This could be because another user has already created the log file or directory" for fix it you must change folder owner to "Administrators" Solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832980/en-us  the solution is for IIS6, but IIS 7 has the same issue if the user owner is different to "Administrators" for Log directory.

Thanks for a fast solution. Thanks!

24 Replies Related Threads

nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/10 21:37:45 (permalink)
    A few bugs from my end.

1. Websites properties cannot be displayed. It gives the error "Error occured while reading error description."
    2. IIS does not create log files for websites running. Error received is "Owner of the log file or directory <logfile_path> is invalid. This could be because another user has already created the log file or the directory."
    3. ASP.net versions show No .NET version found. under Tools --> Scripting Manager.

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/12 14:33:19 (permalink)
    We have modified HC build8 again which fix awstats/IIS log issue. actually we have implemented a new feature related to quota management which shows consumed ftp quota in windows quota management. Where we were setting webadmin user as owner on its directory. But this effected IIS to create log, as IIS require administrators Owner permissions to generate log for website.
    This new implementation has been removed and now this new build will not make any trouble with permissions.

Here is the download link 
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/13 06:55:02 (permalink)
    There is one more bug in the build 5 which I have noticed in two servers even after updating to the patched build. Whenever a website is created on shared IP, the ftp virtual directory does not get created in the Default FTP site in IIS. Kindly fix it too.
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/13 15:25:43 (permalink)
    nitaish

There is one more bug in the build 5 which I have noticed in two servers even after updating to the patched build. Whenever a website is created on shared IP, the ftp virtual directory does not get created in the Default FTP site in IIS. Kindly fix it too.

I have the same issue. Thanks for any patch.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/15 21:16:50 (permalink)
    Is HC looking into the FTP issue?
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/17 03:48:05 (permalink)
    List of bugs in HC build 5 which need immediate attention.

1. Switch plan does not change the resources as per the new plan.
    2. Selling mailboxes via Add-ons for Smartermail still does not work though it was mentioned in the release notes that the issue is fixed.
    3. Not able to add mail domains after installing the latest updated build.
    4. ACL manager does not assign permissions after installing the latest updated build.
    5. New domain setup does not create the FTP virtual directory in the Default FTP site in MS FTP. This has started after installing the build 5.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/17 05:04:06 (permalink)
    Please open a ticket on support along with these issues and we check them on urgent basis.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/18 22:43:23 (permalink)
    I have sent an email to support@hostingcontroller.com. Let's hope the problems are fixed.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/21 11:45:38 (permalink)
    We have released the custom fix for the FTP issue that will resolve your problem for the time being. Issue will be fixed permanently in Build 6.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/22 22:00:17 (permalink)
    From where can we download the fix?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/23 00:17:32 (permalink)
    You have to contact with our support team to provide you a utility along with complete details how to use it.
    agermose
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/23 01:37:58 (permalink)
    why not just make it public? Dont everybody need it?
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/23 21:54:00 (permalink)
    That's right. All the customers who have upgraded to the latest build are facing the problem. It should be made publicly available for download.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:Some bugs on Build 5 2009/12/27 22:52:48 (permalink)
    I don't understand why HC is shy of releasing the patch for FTP for public download.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: