LockedAlternative to smarterstats?

Author
FL-ex
Premium Member
2010/01/14 15:17:30 (permalink)

Alternative to smarterstats?

Friends,

Anyone know any good alternative to smarterstats? I like smarterstats, but we have important requests we sent them and they say theyve passed it to developers, but its never done... And their policy of no free support even via email is a bit strange.

Thanks

10 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:Alternative to smarterstats? 2010/01/16 09:08:29 (permalink)
    HC also supports DeepMatrix, AWStats, Weblizer, and WebTrends as stats server beside Smarter Stats. You can use any of them.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:Alternative to smarterstats? 2010/01/16 14:33:15 (permalink)
    Thanks. I wanted a high quality one, enterprise grade. Not case of Webilizer and Awstats.

Deepmetrix no longer exists afaik (bought my MS).

So I guess the better options are really smarterstats or webtrends (which afaik is quite expensive). So Im back to smarterstats, unfortunately dont see other good option...

Thanks
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:Alternative to smarterstats? 2010/01/16 21:43:27 (permalink)
    If you have some good option in mind do share with us.
    renhack
    Re:Alternative to smarterstats? 2010/01/18 10:18:29 (permalink)
    We've completely abandoned all log analysis tools in favor of Google Analytics.   If a customer requires log analysis we just enable webalizer.  

Google's API is pretty simple and allows you to write a pretty decent frontend.   How about just a date range trend within Hosting Controller using Googles API?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:Alternative to smarterstats? 2010/01/22 19:19:19 (permalink)
    Not a bad idea. We will consult with our development department and if it is applicable then may add it in our features enhancement list.
    mvdo wso
    Re:Alternative to smarterstats? 2010/04/29 07:57:52 (permalink)
    renhack
    Google's API is pretty simple and allows you to write a pretty decent frontend.   How about just a date range trend within Hosting Controller using Googles API?

Interesting idea indeed, it's a very extensive stats tool, would be very happy with such integration!
    pdemaeght
    Re:Alternative to smarterstats? 2012/03/26 03:51:24 (permalink)
    Did the integration of Google Analytics in HCpanel ever came through?
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:Alternative to smarterstats? 2012/03/26 18:16:11 (permalink)
    Hi,

I myself stuck with smarterstats and updated it. Very few options in terms of stats. Tried to contact webtrends but they seem to be quite different, they charge like per site or so if Im not forgotten. The old deepmetrix which was good seems was bought by them.

The google thing would really be neat. A free alternative... Strange that no other competitor out there, maybe its google analytics monopolizing market since its free, although according to smartertools, smarterstats has several advantages over google as it is a log parser while analytics is javascript code, wont catch everything like robots, etc.

Regards
    pdemaeght
    Re:Alternative to smarterstats? 2012/03/27 07:16:21 (permalink)
    It's normal that smartertools says that they are better than google, because they want to keep their customers :p

But we'll stick with Google Analytics, it's just too bad that it's not integrated in HCpanel...
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:Alternative to smarterstats? 2012/03/27 18:36:35 (permalink)
    Hi,

Yes, of course :) We just like to have some nice paid alternatives then offering all free. But definately if I had to choose some free solution it would be Google analytics and not awstats.

Lets hope HC can come with something up via Google Analytics, would be really neat...

Regards
    Jump to: