LockedCan Not log into HC Control Panel

Author
Activeit
2010/02/02 14:51:37 (permalink)

Can Not log into HC Control Panel

I installed HC 8 about 7 months ago and have setup 3 web sites.   Today when I went to log into the control panel.  I am getting: Error : Invalid Username or Password.  
When I go to the "Forgot Password" link and type in hcadmin I get the error: User account does not exist in the system.   I have checked the Database and the user is listed as "hcadmin"  I have tried the Host, reseller and web admin none of them are loggin nor are they shown as listed when I use the forgot password.   Website are working ftp access is working it is just the control panel.  

7 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:Can Not log into HC Control Panel 2010/02/05 21:53:20 (permalink)
    It seems HC is not able to communicate with its database in MSSQL. Please confirm are you able to see languages list on the login page ?
    Activeit
    Re:Can Not log into HC Control Panel 2010/02/06 06:50:13 (permalink)
    No I am not able to see the languages in the drop down box

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:Can Not log into HC Control Panel 2010/02/08 03:56:46 (permalink)
    This means HC is not able to communicate with its database properly. Did you change anything in HC database that HC has stopped communicating with it ?
    Activeit
    Re:Can Not log into HC Control Panel 2010/02/23 12:32:54 (permalink)
    No changes were made.  I tried to log in to add anew web site.  I could not log in as either Host or reseller.   I then tried to log into the database through the SQL Server Management Studio.  I was able to log in this the sa login and password.   Any idea what I need to do to be able to log in again to HC
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Can Not log into HC Control Panel 2010/02/25 05:55:22 (permalink)
    Check the connection string by opening file RegisteredServer.exe in HC installation path /HostingController/Application folder. See if it is successfully connecting or not.

If still it is making problem then check hcdb user connectivity in sql server.
    Activeit
    Re:Can Not log into HC Control Panel 2010/02/25 15:18:25 (permalink)
    HC Tech

Check the connection string by opening file RegisteredServer.exe in HC installation path /HostingController/Application folder. See if it is successfully connecting or not.

If still it is making problem then check hcdb user connectivity in sql server.

I ran the RegisteredServer.exe and got the error shown in the attached file.  
    I then log in through the SQL Server Management Studio useing the hc7dbadmin login and was able to connect to the database.

Attached Image(s)

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Can Not log into HC Control Panel 2010/03/01 11:07:13 (permalink)
    Please open a support Ticket our technical staff will address on this issue.
    Jump to: