LockedBIG BUG: linux websites stop working - config is commented out

Author
agermose
2010/02/06 03:29:45 (permalink)

BIG BUG: linux websites stop working - config is commented out

im thinking its some sort of suspension from the system. It happens a lot compared that we are not using HC in production yet and therefor only running something like 10 sites on two servers - happend today also on the 2. server. This site was over disklimit, but there was no warning mail send at 80% as configured by the reseller and the action is set to "do nothing". Im only guessing as for the reson in this case as there is, as always no information about why this happens.

5 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:BIG BUG: linux websites stop working - config is commented out 2010/02/08 03:54:47 (permalink)
    agermose

im thinking its some sort of suspension from the system. It happens a lot compared that we are not using HC in production yet and therefor only running something like 10 sites on two servers - happend today also on the 2. server. This site was over disklimit, but there was no warning mail send at 80% as configured by the reseller and the action is set to "do nothing". Im only guessing as for the reson in this case as there is, as always no information about why this happens.

I will suggest you to follow the article given below to resolve this issue.

http://portal.hostingcontroller.com/KB/a54/website-stop-automatically-in-the-server.aspx?KBSearchID=898

agermose
    Re:BIG BUG: linux websites stop working - config is commented out 2010/02/08 04:00:43 (permalink)
    diskspace overusage:: set to "do nothing"
    bandwith overusage: since bandwith collection does not work the usage is always 0 so either its not this that is disabling the site or also yet an other bug ;)
    billing: non of the users had any outstanding invoices or amounts. Some had actually 100% discount so no possibility for outstanding amounts.

Since this has been reported also for windows (see other thread here on the forums - and NOT by me ;) ) im thinking the problem seams to be wrong suspension in connection to diskusage and this it looks like a problem for both windows and linux.

but feel free to check our install as always.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:BIG BUG: linux websites stop working - config is commented out 2010/02/08 04:06:35 (permalink)
    Have you opened any ticket on support for it ?
    agermose
    Re:BIG BUG: linux websites stop working - config is commented out 2010/02/08 04:08:47 (permalink)
    yes, but also only got the linux you gave and then I send the same reply as above. Have not heard anything since.
    [36B-130012E6-FC56]
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:BIG BUG: linux websites stop working - config is commented out 2010/02/09 01:20:08 (permalink)
    I have just confirmed from the support department and as per their records they have replied you for this specific ticket.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
    Jump to: