LockedSmarterMail 7 Support

Author
artsegura
2010/07/21 15:24:18 (permalink)

SmarterMail 7 Support

Does HC8 Build 8 support SmarterMail 7 ?

8 Replies Related Threads

patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:SmarterMail 7 Support 2010/07/27 05:08:17 (permalink)
    Normally smarter mail upgrade  don't effect anything at hosting controller end. 
    I think you should put this query on smarter tool forum, its better that they  verify it with HC team.
    bschneider
    Re:SmarterMail 7 Support 2010/09/02 08:41:54 (permalink)
    I am using Build 8 with SmarterMail 7 with no issues.
    Xavier
    Re:SmarterMail 7 Support 2010/09/03 01:25:11 (permalink)
    bschneider

I agree with Patrick that one should confirm before upgrading the Mail Server from the vendors of that Mail Server or any other application because it is Mail Server vendors who upgrade their stuff and someimes HC API is unaware of it which causes issues.

Few months back we faced similar issue when Merak 10 was introduced and there were lots of bugs there in it. Due to which HC panel too was making unwanted behaviors. This was later discovered that it was issue at IceWarp(Merak10) end. So, please I would advise not to upgrade hurriedly even when it seems that everything is working fine with SmarterMail. You should wait at least 3 months after the release of any newer version of Merak/SmarterMail or whatever mail server you are using.

I hope this suggestion would help many
    renhack
    Re:SmarterMail 7 Support 2010/09/05 10:46:15 (permalink)
    You guys have it backwards.   It's not the vendors responsibility to make sure their product works with a control panel.   They are not in the business of selling Hosting Controller or any other CP.    A control panels selling point is its integration with 3rd party products.   That is their only purpose.   Why would the responsibility of testing be with a 3rd party vendor?  Thats like asking Microsoft why II7 didn't work when it first came out.
    Re:SmarterMail 7 Support 2010/09/05 12:45:04 (permalink)
    renhack

You guys have it backwards.   It's not the vendors responsibility to make sure their product works with a control panel.   They are not in the business of selling Hosting Controller or any other CP.    A control panels selling point is its integration with 3rd party products.   That is their only purpose.   Why would the responsibility of testing be with a 3rd party vendor?  Thats like asking Microsoft why II7 didn't work when it first came out.

I wouldn't agree with that, because we have really bad Experience with Icewarp 10.0 version. That time we got confirmation from HC team that it is supported as well as merak team have confirmed that they have nothing update which break the communication. But result was terrible where Icewarp API was breaking remote function call. Later it was discovered a bug at icewarp end which they have confirmed to us and they provided solution for it.
    So I am in favor that whenever a major update release by vendor they should contact the companies who support their application and inform about new changes at code/api level in the application. Only this way anyone can give 100% guarantee about performance.  
    patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:SmarterMail 7 Support 2010/09/05 12:59:57 (permalink)
    @Renhak ! come on dude atleast don't compare Microsoft Support with other vendors especially the ugly one " Smarter tools " 
    steve01
    Starting Member
    Re:SmarterMail 7 Support 2010/09/06 09:49:06 (permalink)
    HC should be working with SmarterMail 7 as normally smarter tools did not make API level changes in new version.

@patrick: smarter tools support is okay but not that much ugly :)
    laila55
    Re:SmarterMail 7 Support 2010/11/07 22:32:54 (permalink)

Jump to: