LockedHC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2

Author
Albert38
2010/08/08 10:57:12 (permalink)

HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2

After some time of doing nothing with HC is again started to test with it.

It took me a lot of time to get HC8 installed on a clean install of Server 2008 R2 but finaly I managed to get it working.

Enviorment: Server 2008 R2 with Hosting Controller 8.00.0008

Until now I did not find any major problems exept i found a few.

When I Enable scripting for Perl or PHP it goes wrong.

PHP Handler Mapings are added wrong.
PHP must have a handler as FastCGI otherwise you end up with 500 and 500.2 errors.
HC8 is creating the handler as normal instead of FastCGI

Perl Handler Mapings are added wrong.
Perl must have a handler as perlis.dll otherwise you end up with 404.2 error or bla bla bla created a wrong set of headers.
HC8 is creating the handler as '\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s'  instead of '\bin\perlis.dll'

To work arround Perl and PHP problems you can add the right handlers to the default site and disable Perl and PHP in HC8 by this way every newly created site will have te ability to work with PHP and Perl.

At last when HC creates the aplication pool for the new site it does not enable 32-Bit aplications in the aplication pool resulting Perl not to work. 
post edited by Albert38 - 2010/08/08 11:00:07

11 Replies Related Threads

crnunez
    Premium Member
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 2010/08/10 07:58:09 (permalink)
    Do you install Perl x64?
    techMate
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 2010/08/10 16:29:10 (permalink)
    If both script maps are added on root then remove it first and then try. It should work.
    Albert38
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 2010/08/12 04:42:52 (permalink)
    Yes I installed the 64-bit version of Perl and there is no script map for perl in the root web. To get Perl working I have to add a script map with c:\perl\perlis.dll to get it work. If I add a script map with c:\perl\perl.exe i only get errors like the script returned a incomplete header and so on..
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 2010/08/12 09:26:26 (permalink)

PHP Handler Mapings are added wrong. 
    PHP must have a handler as FastCGI otherwise you end up with 500 and 500.2 errors. 
    HC8 is creating the handler as normal instead of FastCGI 

We have tested php 5.9.2 and if you add scripting map with ' c:\php-cgi.exe ' then there shouldn't be any issue. It shall work without any error.

Perl Handler Mapings are added wrong. 
    Perl must have a handler as perlis.dll otherwise you end up with 404.2 error or bla bla bla created a wrong set of headers. 
    HC8 is creating the handler as '\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s'  instead of '\bin\perlis.dll' 

Extension = .pl
    Executable = C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s 

Extension = .plx
    Executable = C:\Perl\bin\perlis.dll
    These 2 extension are recommended and we use to map on a website.
    By the way there is no need to configure php/perl extension on root of IIS or hosting controller website. 
    In HC panel setting ' Server Manager :: Edit Server :: Web Server Setting ' provide these path
    php : c:\php\php-cgi.exe
    Perl: c:\perl

Then try to enable scripting from panel see what result you get.

nextmill
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 2010/11/22 12:55:13 (permalink)
    PHP 5.9.2 doesn't exist.  From what we can tell HC still doesn't support FastCGI, it still wants to create a separate handler mapping that doesn't use FastCGI for PHP 5.2.14
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 2010/12/28 12:30:11 (permalink)
    We have added support of FastCgi in future HC release, right now its integration is not included in build9.
    NChiba
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 2011/06/14 09:18:41 (permalink)
    Hi,
    HC8 build 11 have any changes to correct mapping PHP via FastCGI? Or it's still the same?
    moon
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 2011/06/16 11:57:36 (permalink)
    I can't see FastCGI support in build11 release note
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 (HC pls update) 2012/07/06 13:05:13 (permalink)
    Dear HC,

Pls, is FastCGI handler mapping supported? I was told it would be in HC9, but still have problems with double mappings for PHP.

If its not available yet, please give us an idea when? I dont want to have to change all my mappings, rather keep FCGI which is better.

Thanks.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 (HC pls update) 2012/07/21 13:01:35 (permalink)
    HC team,

Please reply?

Thanks
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    Re:HC fails to corecly add Handler Mapings in Server 2008 R2 (HC pls update) 2012/11/09 09:30:52 (permalink)
    [<font]
    Hello, 

I am afraid, it has been pushed back due to other important issues which should have to be resolved first on priority. So we can't give you any ETA for its availability. 
    [<font]
    Thank You
    Regards,
    Jump to: