LockedHC 8 latest build

Author
nitaish
Premium Member
2010/12/05 01:53:05 (permalink)

HC 8 latest build

Has anybody tried the modified version of the HC 8 latest build? Does it resolve all the bugs that were introduced with it? Is it OK to update the HC build in the servers?

10 Replies Related Threads

rocconeri
    Re:HC 8 latest build 2010/12/06 00:17:06 (permalink)
    Don't install, the latest update released on 27/11/2010 is bugged and don't resolve any problems I installed it and my systems is completely blocked. I have open tickets since 30/11/2010.
    My verified problems are:
    1)Unable to create Mail Domain using WHMCS
    2)AWStats create after latest build don't works
    3)Access to MailEnable Webmail Virtual directory require windows user password.
    4)others problems I need to verify furthermore before to open tickets

patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:HC 8 latest build 2010/12/09 12:35:23 (permalink)
    nitaish

Has anybody tried the modified version of the HC 8 latest build? Does it resolve all the bugs that were introduced with it? Is it OK to update the HC build in the servers?

When I have applied earlier version of build9 then faced issue with Total Mailbox size resource as it was excluded by default, due to which my user wasn't able to create any mail domain/mailboxes. But that problem was fixed in later release.
    Otherwise I am using Smarter mail 7 and Exchange in same cluster and can't see any issue with them. Regarding awstats it is working fine with me, infact didn't face any issue with it even in earlier release. 
    watson
    Re:HC 8 latest build 2010/12/11 12:45:45 (permalink)
    Aha! I have applied build9 today , Man I love the new enhancement to handle mailbox size in plan, SQL mdf, LDF in plan , Additional ftp user and specially accumulative quota at webadmin level.  
    techMate
    Re:HC 8 latest build 2010/12/12 05:06:47 (permalink)
    Yes agreed, there is a good change which I have seen in HC build after new implementations and the new enhancements are impressive. :)

nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:HC 8 latest build 2010/12/30 02:01:24 (permalink)
    So, finally the bugs have resolved? Should I go ahead with updating my servers with build 9?
    rocconeri
    Re:HC 8 latest build 2010/12/30 08:06:15 (permalink)
    If you don't want to be in trouble stay with build 8 especially if you are using WHMCS. To be honest I'm very disappointed with the HC logic support that take more than 2 months to resolve severe bugs. I'm a programmer in financial and tax area and if I do like them the discussion about the problems I will cause take place in the court, therefore before to release a new build I do appropriate and accurate test. 
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:HC 8 latest build 2010/12/30 09:11:14 (permalink)
    rocconeri

If you don't want to be in trouble stay with build 8 especially if you are using WHMCS. To be honest I'm very disappointed with the HC logic support that take more than 2 months to resolve severe bugs. I'm a programmer in financial and tax area and if I do like them the discussion about the problems I will cause take place in the court, therefore before to release a new build I do appropriate and accurate test. 

In software industry the chance of bug arrival in the application commonly exist and the reasons could be many. Just take an example of Microsoft Exchange server 2010 there are bugs which still persists after their Service pack 1 (referring GAL segaration/outlook connectivity). So if you are dreaming to have 100% bug/issue/problem free IT software then I have seriously doubt about that.
    At hosting controller end we try our level best to provide a new enhancement/features/issues free control panel, even we have 30 plus beta tester in the list just to make sure that user receive a stable product.

Right now if you blaming HC for broken whmcs then my dear its not only at HC end, we have already told you that whmcs have changed their integration parameters due to which it broke the HC integration.

@Natish  there is no new installer of Build9 since 27th Nov, the next installer would be for HC8 build10.  Right now whmcs integration is not working and it will be fixed in build10. Other than that there is no other reported issue in build9.
    FYI: There is a major changes in plan manager after build9 , you can find detail in this link http://hostingcontroller.com/english/support/HC8Manuals/AQ-Module/HC-Accumulative-Quota.htm

rocconeri
    Re:HC 8 latest build 2010/12/30 21:29:33 (permalink)
    HC Team
    In software industry the chance of bug arrival in the application commonly exist and the reasons could be many. Just take an example of Microsoft Exchange server 2010 there are bugs which still persists after their Service pack 1 (referring GAL segaration/outlook connectivity). So if you are dreaming to have 100% bug/issue/problem free IT software then I have seriously doubt about that. At hosting controller end we try our level best to provide a new enhancement/features/issues free control panel, even we have 30 plus beta tester in the list just to make sure that user receive a stable product. Right now if you blaming HC for broken whmcs then my dear its not only at HC end, we have already told you that whmcs have changed their integration parameters due to which it broke the HC integration.

Hello guys,
    I don't expect to see software 100% bugs free I know that is impossible, what I EXPECT is that if the bugs breaks your customers business, you resolve fastly the bugs, not in months as you usually do but fews days. Your customers can't wait months to see bugs resolved especially if bugs breaks business.
    Regarding if my problems are at HC or WHMCS side in on other post you admit the problem is  at HCAPI side
    see: http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/tm.aspx?&m=23032&mpage=2

indeed if the problems was at WHMCS server side you should work at the HC.php file levl not  the HCAPI and in any case I ask myself why that require more than 2 months.
    Just FYI I asked to WHMCS team if they changed something that breaks Servers Panels and below theyr reply:
    WHMCS Team
    Hi Rocco,

No nothing has changed on the WHMCS side of things with regards to server modules that should be affecting this. So upgrading WHMCS shouldn't have caused anything to change. It is more likely that the issue is on the HC side of things.

Regards,

Matt
    ----------------------------------------------
    Ticket ID: #489241
    Subject: WHMCS and Hosting Controller Panel
    Ticket URL: http://www.whmcs.com/members/viewticket.php?tid=489241&c=AeDe6O4o .

Have an happy year 2011
    Best Regards

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:HC 8 latest build 2010/12/31 09:33:58 (permalink)

I don't expect to see software 100% bugs free I know that is impossible, what I EXPECT is that if the bugs breaks your customers business, you resolve fastly the bugs, not in months as you usually do but fews days. Your customers can't wait months to see bugs resolved especially if bugs breaks business.

How many installers of build9 we released , do you actually know ? I guess not otherwise you wouldn't have said that. FYI we released build9 installer 6 times and the reason was simple to provide instant solution for issues which came in build9. 

indeed if the problems was at WHMCS server side you should work at the HC.php file levl not  the HCAPI and in any case I ask myself why that require more than 2 months.
    Just FYI I asked to WHMCS team if they changed something that breaks Servers Panels and below theyr reply:
      Hi Rocco,

No nothing has changed on the WHMCS side of things with regards to server modules that should be affecting this. So upgrading WHMCS shouldn't have caused anything to change. It is more likely that the issue is on the HC side of things.

This is totally wrong statement from whmcs :) ... Changes were made since whmcs 4.3 version, might possible he meant to say that no changes in 4.4 version. Anyway I will not argue with this ... If you don't believe my statement then simple install whmcs 4.1.2 and configure HC on it.. You will get the answer by yourself , as HC will work perfectly with whmcs 4.1.2 without doing any modification.

One thing I should clear that we have no intension to release pre-mature build for whmcs issue. Build10 will release on its defined release date.

moon
    Re:HC 8 latest build 2011/01/14 11:59:50 (permalink)
    We are waiting for build10
    Jump to: