Locked73100020 : Unable to create login.

Author
NVGoldenDog
Starting Member
2011/04/20 10:10:23 (permalink)

73100020 : Unable to create login.

Whenever I attempt to create a new MySQL database I receive the error 73100020 : Unable to create login. Further, it states Date-Time : 20/4/2011  9:49:11. GMT--7
HC Error Number : 73100020
OS Error Number : 0
OS Error Descripting : Access denied for user [link=mailto:'root'@'%']'root'@'%'[/link] to database 'testme'
I went into Hosting Controller Server manager, Database Server, verified the user name and password are correct and hit "TEST" and it passed with "
Database connected successfully.
So I am unsure as to why this is happening. I am currently running build 8.00.0008
Anyone know how to fix this issue?

8 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:73100020 : Unable to create login. 2011/04/20 13:18:29 (permalink)
    Make sure in the db user field you are not giving ' root ' as HC don't allow to create database with login ' root '.
    To grant privileges on mysql administrator user consult with this kb 
    http://portal.hostingcontroller.com/KB/a59/mysql-database-is-not-creating.aspx
    NVGoldenDog
    Starting Member
    Re:73100020 : Unable to create login. 2011/04/20 13:20:02 (permalink)
    Yes, I am not giving it the user name root. I tried several other user names with the same results.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:73100020 : Unable to create login. 2011/04/20 13:25:01 (permalink)
    Was it working before or this is the first time you enable mysql in the HC panel ?
    Secondly try to create database with some complex password,maybe the system only requiring complex password.
    At any stage you can enable HCDatabase logging from HCadmin level path ' My Server :: Debug Log ' this will capture log in db machine path x:\program files\advanced communication\hostingcontroller\log folder. Send the file to us

NVGoldenDog
    Starting Member
    Re:73100020 : Unable to create login. 2011/04/20 16:44:29 (permalink)
    Here is the file:
    <HCDatabase-log><log-session><module-name><![CDATA[HCDatabases.MySQL]]></module-name><date><![CDATA[20/4/2011]]></date><time><![CDATA[16:38:51. GMT--7]]></time><module-method name="CreateDatabase" result="True" status="finished"><argument-list><argument name="DatabaseName" value="jccsntest"></argument></argument-list><property-list><property name="AdminUser" value="root"></property><property name="ServerIP" value="10.20.1.11"></property><property name="ServerPort" value="3306"></property><property name="InstallPath" value=""></property></property-list><sub-method-list><sub-method name="CreateDatabase" result="TRUE" status="finished"><argument-list><argument name="DatabaseName" value="jccsntest"></argument></argument-list><os-error-code><![CDATA[0]]></os-error-code><error-description><![CDATA[Operation completed successfully]]></error-description></sub-method></sub-method-list><os-error-code><![CDATA[0]]></os-error-code><hc-error-code><![CDATA[73100011]]></hc-error-code><error-description></error-description></module-method><module-method name="CreateLogin" result="FALSE" status="finished"><argument-list><argument name="UserName" value="jccsn"></argument><argument name="DatabaseName" value="jccsntest"></argument></argument-list><property-list><property name="AdminUser" value="root"></property><property name="ServerIP" value="10.20.1.11"></property><property name="ServerPort" value="3306"></property><property name="InstallPath" value=""></property></property-list><sub-method-list><sub-method name="UserExists" status="started"><argument-list><argument name="UserName" value="jccsn"></argument></argument-list></sub-method><sub-method name="CreateLogin" result="FALSE" status="finished"><argument-list><argument name="UserName" value="jccsn"></argument><argument name="DatabaseName" value="jccsntest"></argument></argument-list><os-error-code><![CDATA[0]]></os-error-code><error-description><![CDATA[Access denied for user 'root'@'%' to database 'jccsntest']]></error-description></sub-method></sub-method-list><os-error-code><![CDATA[0]]></os-error-code><hc-error-code><![CDATA[73100020]]></hc-error-code><error-description><![CDATA[Access denied for user 'root'@'%' to database 'jccsntest']]></error-description></module-method><module-method name="DeleteDatabase" result="True" status="finished"><argument-list><argument name="DatabaseName" value="jccsntest"></argument></argument-list><property-list><property name="AdminUser" value="root"></property><property name="ServerIP" value="10.20.1.11"></property><property name="ServerPort" value="3306"></property><property name="InstallPath" value=""></property></property-list><sub-method-list><sub-method name="DeleteDatabase" result="TRUE" status="finished"><argument-list><argument name="DatabaseName" value="jccsntest"></argument></argument-list><os-error-code><![CDATA[0]]></os-error-code><error-description><![CDATA[Operation completed successfully]]></error-description></sub-method></sub-method-list><os-error-code><![CDATA[0]]></os-error-code><hc-error-code><![CDATA[73100031]]></hc-error-code><error-description></error-description></module-method></log-session></HCDatabase-log>

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:73100020 : Unable to create login. 2011/04/21 04:06:48 (permalink)
    This issue at root user privileges end, use the following command in mysql command line

grant all privileges on *.* to root@localhost identified by 'password', root identified by password with grant option;
    flush privileges;

NVGoldenDog
    Starting Member
    Re:73100020 : Unable to create login. 2011/04/21 10:11:00 (permalink)
    I did the following:
    E:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin>mysql -u root -p
    Enter password: *********
    Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MySQL connection id is 68
    Server version: 5.1.46-community MySQL Community Server (GPL)
    Copyright (c) 2000, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
    This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
    and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL v2 license
    Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.
    mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO [link=mailto:root@localhost]root@localhost[/link] IDENTIFIED BY 'mySQLpassword' WITH GRANT OPTION; FLUSH PRIVILEGES
    Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
    -> \q
    Bye

Then I tried to create it in Hosting Controller again and got the same error. IS there something else I need to do, or did I not do the syntax correctly?
    NVGoldenDog
    Starting Member
    Re:73100020 : Unable to create login. 2011/04/21 10:22:23 (permalink)
    yeah, I got it. I looked through the logs and noticed it was attempting to connect to my internal IP, 10.20.1.11 , so I re-wrote the statement:
    mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO root@10.20.1.11 IDENTIFIED BY 'mySQLPassword' WITH GRANT OPTION; FLUSH PRIVILEGES

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:73100020 : Unable to create login. 2011/04/21 10:47:06 (permalink)
    NVGoldenDog

yeah, I got it. I looked through the logs and noticed it was attempting to connect to my internal IP, 10.20.1.11 , so I re-wrote the statement:
    mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO root@10.20.1.11 IDENTIFIED BY 'mySQLPassword' WITH GRANT OPTION; FLUSH PRIVILEGES

Is the above command resolve the issue ?
    Jump to: