LockedMy lifetime support for HS8 expired

Author
krivil
2011/06/14 23:45:35 (permalink)

My lifetime support for HS8 expired

Hi
I was patching my HC cluster to newest build and now a can't intall because of maintainance is expired.
When i bought HC there was no maintainace fee, only upgrade to newer license e.t.c HC 9 and priority support fee.
And in the mail from HC are this sentence:
All Hosting Controller products come with lifetime support. If you require any further support email at support@hostingcontroller.com.

What happened !!!
I got quote from support  for a support @500$ for next year to fix bugs....
I was installing my 2 server license i dont have used last 1.5 years, to creating new hc cluster.
if this is the case i will install the new server with plesk. They cant be that bad..

Regards
Kristjan

7 Replies Related Threads

nextmill
    Re:My lifetime support for HS8 expired 2011/08/06 22:11:11 (permalink)
    Same here, 8 servers, had been supporting/upgrading from HC6 to HC7 to HC8, all lifetime support, they then changed to an annual support agreement and won't give us any support to fix the bugs in HC8.  We jumped ship to WebSitePanel, its free and works very well without all the bugs.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:My lifetime support for HS8 expired 2011/08/09 20:23:53 (permalink)
    krivil

Hi
    I was patching my HC cluster to newest build and now a can't intall because of maintainance is expired.
    When i bought HC there was no maintainace fee, only upgrade to newer license e.t.c HC 9 and priority support fee.
    And in the mail from HC are this sentence:
    All Hosting Controller products come with lifetime support. If you require any further support email at support@hostingcontroller.com.

What happened !!!
    I got quote from support  for a support @500$ for next year to fix bugs....
    I was installing my 2 server license i dont have used last 1.5 years, to creating new hc cluster.
    if this is the case i will install the new server with plesk. They cant be that bad..

Regards
    Kristjan

I will suggest you to please open this case with sales@hostingcontroller.com, hopefully they will better entertain your queries.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:My lifetime support for HS8 expired 2011/08/09 20:38:54 (permalink)
    nextmill

Same here, 8 servers, had been supporting/upgrading from HC6 to HC7 to HC8, all lifetime support, they then changed to an annual support agreement and won't give us any support to fix the bugs in HC8.  We jumped ship to WebSitePanel, its free and works very well without all the bugs.

That's the reason we prefer rental License which don't include upgrade/support charges :)
    By the way Nextmill not sure what really impress you by WSP product, my end customer always suffer to operate the panel functionalities. Even for us as a host it was hard to configure and put server on auto pilot. That time when we were using DNP using active  live support they were just a garbage. Now when you just have to rely on forum support then I would must say GUD LUCK. Maybe you move their because its FREE :P. Anyway guess you are still missing HC thats why visiting here..hahah. Just joking, I only wanted to express my anger with DNP I really hate that product. On the other hand since we start using HC panel its been very easy for our end customer to operate it and we have grown our business much rapidly.

Jarell
    Starting Member
    Re:My lifetime support for HS8 expired 2011/09/05 17:19:52 (permalink)
    I bought an Unlimited License... IT is now LIMITED... and your suggesting a RENTAL LICENSE????  Think about it....

I Want a refund or I want the Service I was promised...  This is BREACH of CONTRACT pure and simple.
    If they want to change the terms then they have to do it on version 9 not the patches to version 8....

As to contacting SALES... They ahve the same answer as above... Pay for a rental....

MY Suggestion is DO NOT BUY or USE this Product....  WE have had version 4,5,6,7 and now 8... IF you couple there NEW NON Support Option with  the fact that in patch 09 they added in Accumulated Quota and took away the ability to bill based on domain name We are one very Displease hosting company... WE are open to any other suggestions as we are not sure we can even downgrade version 8.08... IT would have been nice if they made accumulative quoata an option instead of screwing with it and destroying our hosting model and billing capabilities.  Now when some one gets a 10 dollar invoice it shows all their domains and suspends all theri sites instead of jsut the 1 it should..  Of corse If I pay for an UPDATE not an UPGRADE  it is FIXED.... my thoughts on that are........ @#$%@$@#@
    Jarell
    Starting Member
    Potential new customer... Looking for HC Reviews from current customers 2011/09/05 17:41:13 (permalink)
    I have used their product extensivly over the last several years... They have come a long way... BUT... Recently they have made changes to the product and their service that causes us to seriouly contemplate changing to a different product... Specifically... They are trying to welch on their product support and change their model to anual support even though it was agreed between the parties when we bought version 8 and prior versions that support was LIFE TIME... They can not change this until version 9... They still owe me some UPDATES to my version 8.... OR A REFUND. 
    What they gave me was a suggestion to contact SALES  which has been unresponsive on the issue.

Second... The hosting controller system no longer works for DOMAIN hosting... It only works for Client hosting... This means that because they swithed to ACCUMULATED QUOTA hosting companies like ours that uses billing based on DOMAIN  and not billing based on clients get SCREWED...  It now suspends all our clients websites even if they only have a $10.00 addon that is expired......  Before ACUMMULATED QUOTA all our invoices when out on a per domain expiretion basis... This mean the invoice only shows the domain that is expired or about to expire... It also only suspended that domain if it was not paid....   Now when that addon expires and a recurrent invoice goes out It list the client name just fine... But it also list every domain associated with the account adding major confusion as to what is being billed.

ALSO  Disabling auto suspension does not seem to work in build 9 either... and well I have not seen a way to downgrade to build 8 of version 8 which would remove ACCUMULATED QUOTA and solve most of our DOMAIN HOSTING issues.  I realize some of you love ACCUMULATED Quota... but it does not fit our model and has really screwed us over in many ways....

I really want a fixed product with support i was told I had and the ability to disable ACCUMULATED QUOTA.   OR A REFUND
    post edited by Jarell - 2011/09/05 17:45:51
    Jarell
    Starting Member
    HC 8 latest build 2011/09/05 17:56:32 (permalink)
    Good luck  with build 10... You may find that your Lifetime Support Agreement and ubility to patch with HC 8 is no longer SUPPORTED... They are trying to switch to anual subscription mid Version... BREACH of CONTRACT is what I call it.

They will tell you to contact sales but Sales is not responsive opn this issue...
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:My lifetime support for HS8 expired 2011/09/06 09:09:44 (permalink)

I bought an Unlimited License... IT is now LIMITED... and your suggesting a RENTAL LICENSE????  Think about it....

I Want a refund or I want the Service I was promised...  This is BREACH of CONTRACT pure and simple.
    If they want to change the terms then they have to do it on version 9 not the patches to version 8....

All Hosting Controller products come with free support for one year from the date of purchase. You can check the invoice email which include the HC8 License keys.
    If still there any confusion then open ticket on sales team or in other post you mentioned that sales team are not responding to your email. I am surprise to hear that can you kindly please give me the ticket reference number so I could track down the status.

MY Suggestion is DO NOT BUY or USE this Product....  WE have had version 4,5,6,7 and now 8... IF you couple there NEW NON Support Option with  the fact that in patch 09 they added in Accumulated Quota and took away the ability to bill based on domain name We are one very Displease hosting company... WE are open to any other suggestions as we are not sure we can even downgrade version 8.08... IT would have been nice if they made accumulative quoata an option instead of screwing with it and destroying our hosting model and billing capabilities.  Now when some one gets a 10 dollar invoice it shows all their domains and suspends all theri sites instead of jsut the 1 it should..  Of corse If I pay for an UPDATE not an UPGRADE  it is FIXED.... my thoughts on that are........ @#$%@$@#@

Changes in plan module to support accumulative quota system this matter was brought in discussion with HC users who enrolled in beta tester list, as well as we announce it on HC forum http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/tm.aspx?m=21358&high=accumulative
    But I agree that there are some complexity for those HC users who tightly using HC billing module. Our concern department already in discussion to enhance billing module and make it easy for customers who using accumulative quota. Hopefully in future builds you will find perfect solution for it.

Jump to: