LockedClick n Install Applications Not Working

Author
mtsolutions
2011/06/17 17:57:46 (permalink)

Click n Install Applications Not Working

I am running IIS 7.5 windows 2008R2 64bit and HC8. I have succussfully install click n install applications and had added a forum to a domain with no issue. The problem is when you try and access the forum page you get a HTTP Error 500. It does not matter what type of forum you add or a web blog it happens to anything you add via click n install applications.

ASP, perl, php is allowed on the domain and mysql database test works, MS SQL test works and the site works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jesse Cabral

10 Replies Related Threads

Xavier
    Re:Click n Install Applications Not Working 2011/06/17 19:50:59 (permalink)
    Are you able to run test php script on your website upon which you are running click apps? 
    mtsolutions
    Re:Click n Install Applications Not Working 2011/06/17 19:54:35 (permalink)
    It's HC Controller Forum which is ASP ?  page that does not run is

Regards,

Jesse Cabral
    mtsolutions
    Re:Click n Install Applications Not Working 2011/06/17 20:04:33 (permalink)
    In answer to your original question, no I cannot. It work on the default website perfectly. I created a phpinfo.php file and placed it in the default website and it works. It works both inside and outside the network. Same file in any domain I am hosting and I get an error 502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

Very Strange.....

Jesse Cabral
    mtsolutions
    Re:Click n Install Applications Not Working 2011/06/17 20:35:42 (permalink)
    Update:  I disabled scriptmaps in hosting controller for the domain in question and my phpinfo.php test works correctly....
    Unfortunately this does not solve my issue no apps work despite PHP working?
    Jesse Cabral
    Xavier
    Re:Click n Install Applications Not Working 2011/06/17 21:50:16 (permalink)
    mtsolutions

Update:  I disabled scriptmaps in hosting controller for the domain in question and my phpinfo.php test works correctly....

Do you mean to say that manually enabling PHP is working on each website? But as you do it from HC then it fails? 

Also, have you configured PHP according to the settings specified by HC Kb article: http://portal.hostingcontroller.com/KB/a28/how-to-configure-click-apps-in-the-panel.aspx
    mtsolutions
    Re:Click n Install Applications Not Working 2011/06/18 00:26:31 (permalink)
    Yes that is correct when I disabled php for the domain in question in HC php works. I have PHP configured for fastcgi so I will re-install without fastcgi. I did indeed follow those instructions. I am using 5.2.17 as previous version have many bugs and security holes.

Jesse Cabral
    steve01
    Starting Member
    Re:Click n Install Applications Not Working 2011/06/22 05:59:57 (permalink)
    I have had same issue couple of months ago. To fix this, I just re-installed php 5.2.9 in IIS Cgi mode.
    post edited by steve01 - 2011/06/22 07:14:11
    mtsolutions
    Re:Click n Install Applications Not Working 2011/06/22 18:17:47 (permalink)
    Hello,

I have re-installed php as outlined in this download.

This version of php shall work with IIS7/7.5 using CGI mode
    PHP 5.2.9= http://hostingcontroller.com/english/forms/tech/hc/php5.2.9.zip
    PHP is working but my original problem exists as click to install app forum any forum does not work. I still get an internal server error HTTP 500.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:Click n Install Applications Not Working 2011/06/23 12:34:51 (permalink)
    Its working with us, check the root of IIS if there any FASTCGI extension enabled then remove it.
    Internal Server Error mean that your site is not working with php and it is not loading php extensions.
    rahul
    Re:Click n Install Applications Not Working 2011/07/15 10:39:06 (permalink)
    Your getting a 500 error which is internal failure message.
    "I don't understand what is the expected response in a standard PHP installation."
    Your PHP installation is not working and needs to be configured or permissions set correctly.
    If you check the IIS Net Learning Center there are guides to get the PHP installation working.
    If instead of the script you have in your post
    use this in the test.php.
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>
    The script above should display information about the PHP installation,IIS Server and Windows.
    If you have errors or it fails to display you need to fix have php.ini ,FastCGI , IIS Handler & Mapping or permissions .
    If the script fails then you can use the same test.php script but test it at the command prompt.
    To use php at the command prompt using the Start Menu open Run  then enter CMD
    and the return key you should see this >cd C:\Inetnetpub\wwwroot\  <-- Type this to change to the directory of
    the IIS Server this is where the test.php should be then at the >php -R test.php   <-- type this to run the test.php script page
    the command should have displayed html text information for PHP installation,IIS Server and Windows.
    If the command prompt test fails you need to fix problems in the php.ini file.

rahul

Jump to: