Lockedsmartermail lite edition

Author
nitaish
Premium Member
2011/08/09 13:38:13 (permalink)

smartermail lite edition

I want to know if Smartermail lite edition is supported by HC.

8 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:smartermail lite edition 2011/08/09 14:39:47 (permalink)
    It has been confirmed that following version Smarter Mail FREE/Professional/Enterprise version are fully supported with Hosting Controller.
    We can test the Lite edition but can you please provide us link where it mention detail about it with download link so we could test it internally ? because I am unable to locate detail on their website http://www.smartertools.com/smartermail/mail-server-software.aspx
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:smartermail lite edition 2011/08/09 14:52:24 (permalink)
    Smartertools' Smartermail free edition automatically changes to lite edition once it is installed on a server which already has hosting control panel installed. So far, I have tested it with Helm and Plesk. I was wondering if it is gets changed to the lite edition once it encounters HC installation on the server. For testing, download the free edition of Smartermail.
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:smartermail lite edition 2011/08/09 15:22:20 (permalink)
    Technically there is no reason that HC installation could effect Smarter Mail Lite edition functionality. HC use SM API for mail domain and account creation. As long as Smarter mail allows to create more accounts you will be able to create them from HC panel.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:smartermail lite edition 2011/08/16 15:34:34 (permalink)
    You did not understand my query. In case of Plesk, once it is installed and then if you try to install the free version of Smartermail, it automatically detects the Plesk software and changes the smartermail license to lite version. This is very helpful for small hosters who can easily save around $1,100 on the Smartermail license. In case of HC, I think it is not supported. I would recommend HC to talk to Smartermail about such an implementation which would be beneficial for the small hosters. BTW, does not HC want more and more people migrate from Plesk to HC? ;)
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:smartermail lite edition 2011/08/22 08:27:07 (permalink)
    Any update on this?
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:smartermail lite edition 2011/08/25 19:59:46 (permalink)
    nitaish

You did not understand my query. In case of Plesk, once it is installed and then if you try to install the free version of Smartermail, it automatically detects the Plesk software and changes the smartermail license to lite version. This is very helpful for small hosters who can easily save around $1,100 on the Smartermail license. In case of HC, I think it is not supported. I would recommend HC to talk to Smartermail about such an implementation which would be beneficial for the small hosters. BTW, does not HC want more and more people migrate from Plesk to HC? ;)

This is more like integration partnership between two companies, our team will contact smarter tools to discuss about it.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:smartermail lite edition 2012/01/19 04:30:42 (permalink)
    any update on this?
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    Re:smartermail lite edition 2012/01/19 08:28:37 (permalink)
    No it is not supported neither we have any plan to integrate it in near future.
    Jump to: