LockedHow things are going with HC8 build13?

Author
rocconeri
2012/02/25 04:07:14 (permalink)

How things are going with HC8 build13?

Hello,
Im' still using HC8 build 12 although I have some problems with it, Im afraid to update my servers to build 13 because any new build could bring some pain.
Is there someone using HC8 Build 13 in a production environment with more than a server and using WHMCS as billing system?
What are  the pros and cons?

Best Regards

3 Replies Related Threads

rocconeri
    Re:How things are going with HC8 build13? 2012/02/29 02:05:26 (permalink)
    Nobody is using Build 13?
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    Re:How things are going with HC8 build13? 2012/03/06 05:26:00 (permalink)
    I still dont update to build 13 because this release has some very BAD changes for me.
    plateaultd
    Re:How things are going with HC8 build13? 2012/03/06 13:31:46 (permalink)
    I installed build .13 last night, only had one minor problem.
    The version number for my Mail Server was not incremented in the database. The Web Servers were correctly incremented. I checked the registry and the version # was correct on that server, so after talking with someone at HC I just updated the HC database manually.
    Other than that one minor problem it appears to be stable.
    I am not using HC with WHMCS at this time as these are legacy servers.

In reading the release notes I understand why they have made the change with regards to the users and think that it is a good move. In the long run this should provide better isolate between users and fewer transfer issues between web admins, something we have had problems with in the past. I may also help prevent someone from  hacking multiple sites via the web admin. On the other hand it will prevent web admins from managing multiple sites via one login.
    Jump to: