Virtual Machine creation in pending status using VMware

Author
JeffLewis
2015/03/09 12:09:29 (permalink)

Virtual Machine creation in pending status using VMware

I have created a guest Linux machine (Centos 7) under my default user account, but its been an hour that guest OS is still  in pending status.
How long does it take for a virtual machine to be created ?

I shall mention that I am running Hosting Controller version 9 build 6 with VMware Esxi 5.0

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Virtual Machine creation in pending status using VMware 2015/03/13 10:38:12 (permalink)
    Virtual machine creation should automatically start within 15 seconds. Try to restart the HC remoting service to see if this make any difference or not.

I will also recommend to apply the latest HC build.
    JeffLewis
    Re:Virtual Machine creation in pending status using VMware 2015/03/17 04:39:04 (permalink)
    I have recreated the master template with fixed minimal size 8GB, now the virtual machine creation process is much faster and there is no delay in creation.
    AdrianG001
    Re:Virtual Machine creation in pending status using VMware 2018/04/10 10:20:43 (permalink)
    JeffLewis

I have recreated the master template with fixed minimal size 8GB, now the virtual machine creation process is much faster and there is no delay in creation.

Great ! I would like to know have you ever tried virtual desktops? Virtual machines can be remotely accessible via vdi`s

Adrian Gates
    Sr. Cloud Expert - Apps4Rent
    Jump to: