Right just emailed this list of bug's / improvments to hc sure tahir or who ever reads this on monday / tuesday will be very happy to see it :(
Some of these are / could be server specific, i.e. only effected on our boxes, or could be issues from migration hc 6.1 to hc 7c.
Many Improvment's etc, anyway guys let me know what you think!
1. BUG (SERVER Specific OR HC 6.1 Migration Issue) - Reseller cant view used bandwidth by end users
2. REQUEST - What happened to my dual MySQL and mssql support I thought it was going to be in build 8
3. BUG - We have been having problems with PayPal, not sure if its working in build 8, people were paying the money but credit card wasn’t marking them as paid.
4. BUG - Every time you guys release an update you destroy our autosignup, it reverts to default, some pages are still as we modified some aren't.
5. REQUEST - Will you guys integrate PayPal express checkout and PayPal api (its different to normal PayPal)?
6. BUG - When a reseller replies to a ticket twice, and you look at the ticket the latest reply is shown first, shouldn’t it be the other way round?
7. BUG - When a reseller replies to a ticket the end user doesn’t get emailed, but the reseller gets the ticket created email and so does the end user.
8. IMPROVEMENT - When you disable a feature i.e. CMS Manager instead of graying it out wouldn’t it be better to hide the icon?
9. BUG - When you go to folder manager and select a folder and click zip it up, it creates the archive but hc doesn’t put the .zip file extension
10. BUG - When I tried to delete the zip file in hc I got Error : 72500040 : Error occurred while deleting the File/ Folder.
11. IMPROVEMENT - In user profile can you stop forcing user to put a company name in, end users aren't always companies, or make a selection box which says company yes or no, if user selects yes show the company name box, this needs to apply to end users and probably resellers, when you fix this check your emails still work I'm not sure if some of them use the company name.
12. IMPROVEMENT - In autosignup if a users county / state doesn’t exist they cant add it to the list
13. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - allow reseller to specify how much disk space is available for mail boxes
14. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - mail stats both bandwidth and disk space are needed
15. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - when a users plan is suspended for none payment disable merak domain so mail will not work
16. BUG - When using URL Redirection if I put http://www.dhosting.co.uk/suspended.html
for example hc puts an extra / at the end, this isn't needed and causes errors
17. IMPROVEMENT - Allow reseller and hcadmin to specify force SSL for autosingup, when handling end users cc details it needs to be in SSL mode, so if URL doesn’t contain https then redirect ?
18. IMPROVEMENT - Under virtual directory allow end user to make it an app directory, so asp.net can be enabled, problem some of our users get is if they want to run multiple .net apps they need virtual directory or physical directory to be created as an application in IIS, that means assigning an app pool to
19. IMPROVEMENT - HC Debug log for bandwidth and disk space generation would be good same for AWStats generation
20. IMPROVEMENT - Reseller Settings (under my server menu) allow a default to be specified i.e. all resellers by default are named based resellers only unless hcadmin alters the settings
21. IMPROVEMENT - Allow custom menus under current main menu's, i.e. under help we would like a link to our status page
22. IMPROVEMENT - Custom menu's allow custom logo next to new menu items
23. IMPROVEMENT - When logged in as hcadmin on main front page it would be nice to see current resource usage along side Sold, at the moment the front page is meaning less as it just shows a symbol for sold :)
24. IMPROVEMENT - Ability to view windows logs in control panel, maybe under my server > server settings
25. Any news on our API :)
26. BUG (Maybe SERVER Specific) - I still see hc sync service in task manager says 64mb ram but in process explorer shows 98mb of ram, still something isn't quite right
27. REQUEST - Put something up on the hc site about the developers, or have like a chat session once a month, something like Microsoft do with their webcasts, I don’t believe any of the hc users speak directly to the developers but it would be nice to know what they think and what's going on. Bit of a community thing :)
Dwebs Ltd Director :: Company No. 05603664 :: Phone No. (UK) 0870 803 4423
www.Dhosting.co.uk - Web Hosting, Domain Registration
www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.