need help with HC9 install on 2012 server
i have been struggling to get this installed for the past few days but have got a bit further today
i have setup a new sever 2012 r2 with 2014 sqlexpress. the install completed but nothing working so i started from scratch and have installed IIS this time and tried again with all the windows updates.
now i get a web page displayed but it is complaining about mappings..
what do i need to install to actually get this thing working.. i tried the prereqisit tool and it says it all ok.. we only want to offer vps servers so dont need the rest really.
this is the error i get this time
HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.
Most likely causes:
- It is possible that a handler mapping is missing. By default, the static file handler processes all content.
- The feature you are trying to use may not be installed.
- The appropriate MIME map is not enabled for the Web site or application. (Warning: Do not create a MIME map for content that users should not download, such as .ASPX pages or .config files.)
- If ASP.NET is not installed.
Things you can try:
- In system.webServer/handlers:
- Ensure that the expected handler for the current page is mapped.
- Pay extra attention to preconditions (for example, runtimeVersion, pipelineMode, bitness) and compare them to the settings for your application pool.
- Pay extra attention to typographical errors in the expected handler line.
- Please verify that the feature you are trying to use is installed.
- Verify that the MIME map is enabled or add the MIME map for the Web site using the command-line tool appcmd.exe.
Warning: Ensure that this MIME mapping is needed for your Web server before adding it to the list. Configuration files such as .CONFIG or dynamic scripting pages such as .ASP or .ASPX, should not be downloaded directly and should always be processed through a handler. Other files such as database files or those used to store configuration, like .XML or .MDF, are sometimes used to store configuration information. Determine if clients can download these file types before enabling them.
- To set a MIME type, use the following syntax: %SystemRoot%\windows\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='string',mimeType='string']
- The variable fileExtension string is the file name extension and the variable mimeType string is the file type description.
- For example, to add a MIME map for a file which has the extension ".xyz": appcmd set config /section:staticContent /+[fileExtension='.xyz',mimeType='text/plain']
- Install ASP.NET.
- Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click .
Detailed Error Information:
Module StaticFileModule Notification ExecuteRequestHandler Handler StaticFile Error Code 0x80070032
Requested URL Physical Path C:\Program Files\HostingController\Web\default.aspx Logon Method Anonymous Logon User Anonymous
This error occurs when the file extension of the requested URL is for a MIME type that is not configured on the server. You can add a MIME type for the file extension for files that are not dynamic scripting pages, database, or configuration files. Process those file types using a handler. You should not allows direct downloads of dynamic scripting pages, database or configuration files.
please can someone tell me what i need to have installed before running the HC9 installer or what should be added now to get this working. its a shame it looks like a good product but not straight forward to install
thanks in advance