LockedInstall on every server?

Author
nicdal
2008/12/01 14:55:27 (permalink)

Install on every server?

Do we have to install the program on every server?
Is there no cluster-based setup option?

Is it possible for clients to restore own domain, web, mail, mysql? If no, is it something you have on your todo list?

I have installed it on a server running SmarterMail. It seems that it is only making backup of mail accounts, mail settings, mailing lists. What about the clients mails? are they safe to?

Are there anything it does not take backup of?

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Install on every server? 2008/01/14 09:16:28 (permalink)
    Do we have to install the program on every server?
    Is there no cluster-based setup option?

RBX is a cluster based backup/restore utility but you have to install it on each server.

Is it possible for clients to restore own domain, web, mail, mysql? If no, is it something you have on your todo list?

Only host can backup/restore data on the server. Currently webadmin can only backup/restore his database through hc panel.

I have installed it on a server running SmarterMail. It seems that it is only making backup of mail accounts, mail settings, mailing lists. What about the clients mails? are they safe to?

Currently we dont backup mail data because most of the users pop their emails from the server. Anyways we have included mail data backup/restore support in our to do list.

Are there anything it does not take backup of?

RBX does take backup of everything configured through HC except mail data.

+1-213-341-1419
    nicdal
    RE: Install on every server? 2008/01/14 23:55:27 (permalink)
    Can I setup and control the backup / restore from a central place? Or do I have to do this from each server?

Are you working on a solution where clients can restore from HC?

Do you have any EST when mailbackup will be included? Until then we would need to run another backup tool. And it would be best only running one tool
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Install on every server? 2008/01/15 06:01:03 (permalink)
    Can I setup and control the backup / restore from a central place? Or do I have to do this from each server?

You have to run RBX for backup/restore on each server of the cluster..

Are you working on a solution where clients can restore from HC?

Currently we dont have any plan to support this feature. Only host can backup/restore webadmin's website.

Do you have any EST when mailbackup will be included? Until then we would need to run another backup tool. And it would be best only running one tool

We are trying our best to support this feature in upcoming build of RBX.

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: