LockedDatabase servers configuration

Author
naseer679
2008/05/02 10:44:05 (permalink)

Database servers configuration

Hi,
I have four servers in total out of that HC7 installed on two web servers with master and slave configuration. The other two servers have database SQL server 2005 installed on them. I want to specify these servers as database server in the HC7 control panel.Please let me know is it possible to specify remote servers as database server in HC7 and how do I register them as database servers in HC7.
Regards,
Naseer Khan.

4 Replies Related Threads

nitaish
    Premium Member
    RE: Database servers configuration 2008/06/02 00:39:07 (permalink)
    This is fairly simple. Visit http://support.hostingcontroller.com/index.php?action=kb&article=269 to install HC 7 in the other server where you need SQL to be installed and later from the hcadmin login go to the server manager and Add Server. In the Add server, select the database role and the rest of the procedure is simple and self explanatory. However, if you want to know in detail, raise a support request with HC and they will be happy to help you.

An ICANN Accredited Domain name Registrar
    - OwnRegistrar.com
    | Shared Hosting | Reseller hosting | Dedicated server | - QualiSpace.com
    Premium AntiSpam / AntiVirus gateway - SpamTermino.com
    Signup as a reseller and get domains only for $6.49
    naseer679
    RE: Database servers configuration 2008/06/02 04:45:38 (permalink)
    Hi,
    Please let me know what is the functionality of hosting controller remote for DB which is available as product.
    Regards,
    Naseer Khan.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    RE: Database servers configuration 2008/06/02 04:58:55 (permalink)
    If you need a load sharing kind of setup wherein you want to keep your webserver separate from the database server, you can opt for remote db. In fact with HC, you can have a separate webserver, mail server, database server and a DNS server and manage all using the same control panel. For your queries, I would suggest you to contact HC support.

An ICANN Accredited Domain name Registrar
    - OwnRegistrar.com
    | Shared Hosting | Reseller hosting | Dedicated server | - QualiSpace.com
    Premium AntiSpam / AntiVirus gateway - SpamTermino.com
    Signup as a reseller and get domains only for $6.49
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: Database servers configuration 2008/06/02 05:25:53 (permalink)
    If a remote machine specific for HC panel database then there is no need to add it in cluster. Because if you add in cluster you will need to select a role (which I guess you don't want).
    By not adding it in cluster will not effect it functionality.
    Jump to: