LockedNeeded Features and ToDos

Author
Cruze
2008/11/02 10:09:49 (permalink)

Needed Features and ToDos

Hi,
we are using HC for 4 years now. It is not the perfect solution but it works well and the price is OK.
We are missing some functions what we really needed.

- ColdFusion 8 support.
ColdFusion 8 is available since July 2007 and ***** support it HC not.
- FTP Users
The new integration for FTP users is very bad! All my customers did not know how to add a new FTP user! Then they want to add FTP to an individual directory. There have to be a menu which called "FTP" with the feature to add a individual path. This is a must have!
Please integrate this in your API to :-)
- Mailbox
We are using Merak Mailserver and every customer uses the alias function which Merak support. This is a must have too! I add a user like ben.stiller@demo.com than the user want to have the email adress b.stiller@demo too. He did not want to add a new mailbox for that. To setup a forwarding would be interesting too. This are basic features. At the moment we can not use HC with Merak because we can not handle this.
- Stat protection
I know thats not easy, but many customers want a protected statistic! ***** can handle this and at the moment its hard for us to do this every time manually.

Then it would be great if HC will support there customers with configuration files/packages for PHP, so that PHP will work perfectly with HC and with his addon Tools.
This will reduce problems and support time by HC. I think this will not be a big thing.

The naming and accessing of some features is not perfect. We have non IT users whch want to use HC. They don't know what a hostheader is and so on. Please think on that. At the moment HC is more for technical known people i think.

But a good job is your API. I love it and hope you will push this!

Thanks and hoping to here feedback from you.

Cheers Felix

1 Reply Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Needed Features and ToDos 2008/12/02 04:45:33 (permalink)
    ColdFusion 8 support.
    ColdFusion 8 is available since July 2007 and ***** support it HC not.

ColdFusion 8 will be supported in upcoming build 13.

- FTP Users
    The new integration for FTP users is very bad! All my customers did not know how to add a new FTP user! Then they want to add FTP to an individual directory. There have to be a menu which called "FTP" with the feature to add a individual path. This is a must have!
    Please integrate this in your API to :-)

Ok. We will improve it. :)

- Mailbox
    We are using Merak Mailserver and every customer uses the alias function which Merak support. This is a must have too! I add a user like ben.stiller@demo.com than the user want to have the email adress b.stiller@demo too. He did not want to add a new mailbox for that. To setup a forwarding would be interesting too. This are basic features. At the moment we can not use HC with Merak because we can not handle this.

Feature has included in our to do list.

- Stat protection
    I know thats not easy, but many customers want a protected statistic! ***** can handle this and at the moment its hard for us to do this every time manually.

If you want to use protected statistics then you should use Smarter Stats or Live Stats with HC.

Then it would be great if HC will support there customers with configuration files/packages for PHP, so that PHP will work perfectly with HC and with his addon Tools.
    This will reduce problems and support time by HC. I think this will not be a big thing.

I am afraid we can not do this due to php version compatibility issue with different applications.

The naming and accessing of some features is not perfect. We have non IT users whch want to use HC. They don't know what a hostheader is and so on. Please think on that. At the moment HC is more for technical known people i think.

Quick help is already provided in HC panel and we are trying our best to make HC more user friendly. If you have suggestions please send it to support@hostingcontroller.com. Thanks

But a good job is your API. I love it and hope you will push this!

Thanks and hoping to here feedback from you.

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: