LockedNew Windows install error

Author
Humbrol
2008/03/13 13:08:54 (permalink)

New Windows install error

I just installed everything and when I log into localhost:8787 or the machines ip:8787 i get page not found. WHen i log into local host i get the stock IIS start page.

php and apache i know, this iis stuff is new to me

When i go under control panel, admin/ IIS it shows the ftp and IIS as running but the hc7 as stopped, when i click to start it it says "network request not supported" lets me run either iis or hc7 but not both.

7 Replies Related Threads

patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: New Windows install error 2008/03/13 13:11:26 (permalink)
    It might possible aspnet 2.0 not working in the machine or it is not enable on the website.
    Humbrol
    RE: New Windows install error 2008/03/13 13:13:36 (permalink)
    In case anyone else stumbles upon this topic i found a fix.

http://www.devx.com/vb2themax/Tip/18849

lets you register or register asp2.0 after the iis and hc install and then everything worked smooth.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: New Windows install error 2008/03/13 13:20:06 (permalink)
    To verify if it is mapped in IIS or not go to IIS --- Web service Extension === ASPNET 2.0 must be enabled.

TO verify it it is enabled on the website or not go to IIS---domain.com---properties---ASPNET
    Humbrol
    RE: New Windows install error 2008/03/13 13:26:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by patrick
    [br]To verify if it is mapped in IIS or not go to IIS --- Web service Extension === ASPNET 2.0 must be enabled.

TO verify it it is enabled on the website or not go to IIS---domain.com---properties---ASPNET

Almost smooth sailing. When i go to register my server the option to click there is greyed out and i have 19 days left in demo message.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: New Windows install error 2008/03/13 13:35:03 (permalink)
    Maybe you didn't configure panel before entering key. see this http://support.hostingcontroller.com/index.php?action=kb&article=226
    Humbrol
    RE: New Windows install error 2008/03/13 20:20:18 (permalink)
    hmm got the linux licence added ok, but now when i click add server its not finding my linux server, even tho i ran register server and it said server was registed on the linux end.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: New Windows install error 2008/03/15 13:55:51 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Humbrol
    [br]hmm got the linux licence added ok, but now when i click add server its not finding my linux server, even tho i ran register server and it said server was registed on the linux end.

Please make sure HC remoting service is running on linx machine and consult with article.

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: