LockedDoubt about installation of HC7

Author
m0rpheu5
2008/10/04 08:00:08 (permalink)

Doubt about installation of HC7

Hello, i´m looking to change my server from cPanel and Plsk to another that support/manager servers Windows and Linux in a single window, and i verify that HC7 can do this, but one doubt i get, on the site, nothing say that can i install the HC7 on a Linux Server with MySQL, like the main server, only in a Windows Server with MSDE or MSSQL, nowadays I only use Windows to host Asp Websites and MSSQL Database, only this, email, dns, and every other things works on a Linux Server, can i continue with this structure? I would like to have a Main Linux server, with more 5 Linux Subsequent Server, and More 2 Windows Subsequent Server, could be done by this way???

How much it will be coast to me by month???

Thanks a lot.
Guilherme Carvalho

2 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Doubt about installation of HC7 2008/10/04 09:45:24 (permalink)
    You can manage both Windows and Linux machines from single centralized interface but HC7 has one limitation that you can not have HC Database on Linux machine with mySQL. You can either use SQL Server or MSDE as HC Database on Windows Server but user databases can be created on SQL/MSDE and mySQL as well. I have asked sales dept. to contact you. Hopefully they will send you infromation regarding your queriese soon. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: Doubt about installation of HC7 2008/10/04 14:30:36 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by m0rpheu5
    [br]Hello, i´m looking to change my server from cPanel and Plsk to another that support/manager servers Windows and Linux in a single window, and i verify that HC7 can do this, but one doubt i get, on the site, nothing say that can i install the HC7 on a Linux Server with MySQL, like the main server, only in a Windows Server with MSDE or MSSQL, nowadays I only use Windows to host Asp Websites and MSSQL Database, only this, email, dns, and every other things works on a Linux Server, can i continue with this structure? I would like to have a Main Linux server, with more 5 Linux Subsequent Server, and More 2 Windows Subsequent Server, could be done by this way???

Thanks a lot.
    Guilherme Carvalho

I am using now HC linux/windows for quite long time, first I will say that its a very light and become very stable product. Very interesting to manage both platform panels using single interface.

Yes that's possible to distribute hosting resource between linux and windows. As currently I have chosen Smarter mail on windows and Dns/mysql on linux in HC7 cluster. If my windows user create mysql db they will automatically create into linux machine. Even if you have mysql on both windows & linux machine then HC will give you option to chose server during db creation.
    Jump to: