Lockedmigration feature does not work

Author
nitaish
Premium Member
2008/12/25 22:15:12 (permalink)

migration feature does not work

Hello All,

I am using HC 7 in a clustered environment and have a few webservers running on it. I tried to migrate a website from one reseller to another which was also migrating the website to another server in the cluster. According to the HC migration system, an email went to the email address mentioned while creating the website asking for confirmation of the migration. (Very much like a domain transfer between registrars, this is the first hosting control panel I have seen working this way.) After confirmation, the website was supposed to be migrated within next 24 hours. Now more than 36 hours have passed and yet the website is not migrated. There is no option in HC to view the status. I wonder what keeps away the website from migrating.(Will Santa do the migration for me?) I contacted HC support on live chat and they have a stereotyped question to ask, whether I have the latest build installed. I don't know what the latest build has to do with the migration as it is nowhere mentioned in the release notes about any bug fixing of the migration feature. I asked whether the migration work or not before build 20 was released and the support person just said I should have the latest build installed and only then the support will investigate. I am still not able to find any relation between the migration feature and the latest HC 7 build. I was even more surprised to see that the support person immediately end the chat session without asking me. I must say HC support **** and it **** big time. Very poor support indeed.

An ICANN Accredited Domain name Registrar
- OwnRegistrar.com
| Shared Hosting | Reseller hosting | Dedicated server | - QualiSpace.com
Premium AntiSpam / AntiVirus gateway - SpamTermino.com
Signup as a reseller and get domains only for $6.49

6 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: migration feature does not work 2008/12/26 03:09:36 (permalink)
    I have investigated with support dept. and they are saying live chat was closed due to problem in third party software. Please check migration email status from My Server---->System Emails--->Sent Emails/Unsent Emails at host level. If you dont find any email then please contact hc support we need to investigate this issue on your server.

+1-213-341-1419
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    RE: migration feature does not work 2008/12/26 07:33:42 (permalink)
    I have checked the system email and there is only one email in the sent emails which for the transfer scheduled confirmation and I confirmed it. There is no status email either in sent emails or in unsent emails. I will send you the host details by email. I expect a proper response this time.

- OwnRegistrar.com
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: migration feature does not work 2008/12/26 09:43:58 (permalink)
    Have you applied build20? You must apply build20 on all of your machines and then again click on the URL mentioned in the confirmation email. Actually in build20 some of the relevant files are updated and hopefully it will fix your issue.

+1-213-341-1419
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    RE: migration feature does not work 2008/12/26 23:43:47 (permalink)
    I don't understand what build 20 has got to do with the migration of website. If you say build 20 will fix the issue, then does that mean the before build 20, the migration process never worked? And if any bug related to the migration process is really fixed in build 20, then why is it not mentioned in the Release notes. It is a pity to know that the support staff does not know what are the issues exactly fixed in new builds whenever they are released and there is a kind of scripted reply given for any problem. I need the solution without having to install the build 20 as I would not be doing it for at least 15 days.

- OwnRegistrar.com
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    RE: migration feature does not work 2008/12/29 03:24:58 (permalink)
    FYI,

I have deleted the website that I tried to migrate and recreated it again and restored all the data. I just could not wait for HC to revert with a positive response. I have now learnt that the migration utility of HC does not work at all. Pl*sk and cp*an*l have better migration tools.

- OwnRegistrar.com
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: migration feature does not work 2008/12/29 03:34:42 (permalink)
    Migration tool is working for other customers. Anyways if you still want us to investigate this issue on your server then you can contact hc support with server access.

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: