LockedAwstats on build 20!! BUG

Author
crnunez
Premium Member
2009/01/26 15:06:26 (permalink)

Awstats on build 20!! BUG

Hello,
After upgrade to build 20, I can detect a big bug, now HC use for new websites a new path

Error: AWStats database directory defined in config file by 'DirData' parameter (Data\mydomain.com) does not exist or is not writable.

Setup ('e:\webspace\reseller1\domain\domain.com\special\Awstats/awstats.domain.com.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

Question: WHY HC MAKE THIS CHANGE??? The old system (saved Awstats under Program Files/... is the better way!)

How Can I solve this issue?

Thanks!

post edited by crnunez - 2009/06/04 09:34:59

12 Replies Related Threads

cboyd213
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/01/26 16:55:20 (permalink)
    I'm using awstats on HC build 20 (Server 03) with no issues

I did notice that my old customers awstats are stored at:
    C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller 7C\AWStats

New ones:
    special\Awstats

Both are working fine for me
    The issue that you're seeing, is it on the domains that are old or new?

After you installed build 20 did you restart the server. I always do because in the past I've run into several issues with HC till I do. (Every odd issues I might add with new domains being setup half way because files are missing here and there. but it's an easy fix just always restart after a new build)
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/01/27 01:58:57 (permalink)
    Implementation has been changed because awstats was not working on win 2k8 so to support it, we had to change the implementation in this way. From last build the awstats folder is copied to the website's special folder instead of running from the HC install directory and then the stats virtual directory points to this folder copied inside the website directory this will also help in the awstats backup by rbx. To run it from inside website's folder, we needed to run stats virtual directory with site's anonymous user account and default app pool.

Please check if "Data\mydomain.com" exists under "Awstats" folder.
    FYI now we keep the Awstats folder in "Tools" folder . Make sure that this folder is not "Read Only" by any chance, though in build20 installer its shipped as writable.

+1-213-341-1419
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/01/27 09:20:44 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by HC Support
    [br]Implementation has been changed because awstats was not working on win 2k8 so to support it, we had to change the implementation in this way. From last build the awstats folder is copied to the website's special folder instead of running from the HC install directory and then the stats virtual directory points to this folder copied inside the website directory this will also help in the awstats backup by rbx. To run it from inside website's folder, we needed to run stats virtual directory with site's anonymous user account and default app pool.

Please check if "Data\mydomain.com" exists under "Awstats" folder.
    FYI now we keep the Awstats folder in "Tools" folder . Make sure that this folder is not "Read Only" by any chance, though in build20 installer its shipped as writable.

+1-213-341-1419

I can detect that the folder Awstats inside "special" needs to have the perm "NETWORK" with grant perms! (Modify, Read, Execute, Write) for it works.

But in Program Files/Advanced Communications.../Awstats/ It doesnt have NETWORK perms and works.

Do you have any idea?

R.N.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/02/02 20:53:25 (permalink)
    We don’t give “Network” any permission on the “Awstats” folder inside “special” folder. We need the website anonymous user’s access on this folder and Awstats works without “Network” user having ANY permission on Awstats folder. So No “Network” user is required for Awstats folder, inside HC installation or website’s special folder.

What problem are you facing anyway.

+1-213-341-1419
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/02/02 21:57:38 (permalink)
    We don’t give “Network” any permission on the “Awstats” folder inside “special” folder. We need the website anonymous user’s access on this folder and Awstats works without “Network” user having ANY permission on Awstats folder. So No “Network” user is required for Awstats folder, inside HC installation or website’s special folder.

+1-213-341-1419
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/12/02 11:51:36 (permalink)
    quote:
    [br]We don’t give “Network” any permission on the “Awstats” folder inside “special” folder. We need the website anonymous user’s access on this folder and Awstats works without “Network” user having ANY permission on Awstats folder. So No “Network” user is required for Awstats folder, inside HC installation or website’s special folder.

+1-213-341-1419

My problem is with this perms over Awstats by default HC on build 20:
    +Administrators Full Control
    +User website Full Control
    +Web User Read and Write
    +System Full Control

Issue: Error: AWStats database directory defined in config file by 'DirData' parameter (Data\mydomain.com) does not exist or is not writable.

Manually solution:
    Add "Network" perm on Awstats folder's with "List Folder Contents" and I can see the Stats.

Now, Why I have this issue? What kind of perms Awstats folder needs for it works fine?

R.N.
    cboyd213
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/02/14 18:39:06 (permalink)
    I use server 03
    My awstats are working perfect with the following security groups/users:

Administrators:
    Full Control

Webadmin: (customer username)
    Full Control

IIS_WPG:
    Read & Execute
    List Folder Contents
    Read

IME_ADMIN:
    Read & Execute
    List Folder Contents
    Read

System:
    Full Control

Users:
    Read & Execute
    List Folder Contents
    Read

The following is set to the whole resalers folder:
    Administrators
    IIS_WPG
    IME_ADMIN
    System
    Users

Hope this helps
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/02/16 08:54:06 (permalink)
    @Crnunez

We dont add any specific permission on AwStats folders. If you are still facing same problem then please contact hc support with your server access. They will check this issue in detail.

+1-213-341-1419
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/02/18 06:02:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    [br]@Crnunez

We dont add any specific permission on AwStats folders. If you are still facing same problem then please contact hc support with your server access. They will check this issue in detail.

+1-213-341-1419

Hi HC;
    Yes, I still have this issue. The manually solution is add Read&Execute + List folder content to domain_user.com_web or Add Network with List folder content on Awstats folder.

I'll open a ticket.

R.N.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/02/25 13:58:14 (permalink)
    Yes, it is better if you open a ticket on Support.

+1-213-995-3037
    hostnex
    Starting Member
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/05/22 05:02:31 (permalink)
    crnunez

[id="quote"]quote:
    [br]@Crnunez

+1-213-341-1419

Hi HC;
    Yes, I still have this issue. The manually solution is add Read&Execute + List folder content to domain_user.com_web or Add Network with List folder content on Awstats folder.

I'll open a ticket.

R.N.

Only Give Website anonymous user a Read : Write  permissions on special folder of domain.com also check the option inherit into child and subfolder will fix this error.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    RE: Awstats on build 20!! BUG 2009/06/07 07:59:59 (permalink)
    I don't agree on this point. We are developing our own domain and hosting panel and we are using Awstats with Windows 2008 and IIS 7. I have myself tested the awstats configuration manually and the web service for the web stats creation creates the stats site based on my research. We are keeping all the awstats conf files of all the websites on the same location instead of keeping them in each website's own directory. It works like a charm. Hence, I don't agree with HC that a problem with awstats on windows 2008 has forced them to change the location of the awstats directory.
    Jump to: