LockedWhat are you using to password protect parts of websites with HC8 and IIS7

Author
NVGoldenDog
Starting Member
2009/11/10 23:24:20 (permalink)

What are you using to password protect parts of websites with HC8 and IIS7

Hello everyone. We are new to Hosting Controller, and have recently started using HC8. We have two servers setup running Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2. We noticed that when we password protect websites via the HC panel, it doesn't work. Doing some more research, I see that IISPassword doesn't work on IIS7. I was wondering what everyone else who is using IIS7 is doing to password protect portions of the website that might also integrate with HC?

7 Replies Related Threads

patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:What are you using to password protect parts of websites with HC8 and IIS7 2009/11/10 23:28:39 (permalink)
    I use to create virtual directory from control panel and disable anonymous user access. This work for me
    NVGoldenDog
    Starting Member
    Re:What are you using to password protect parts of websites with HC8 and IIS7 2009/11/10 23:30:34 (permalink)
    Patrick- Are you using IIS7 and IISPassword or something else to control access to the virtual directory?
    NVGoldenDog
    Starting Member
    Re:What are you using to password protect parts of websites with HC8 and IIS7 2009/11/10 23:36:25 (permalink)
    I just tried making a Virtual Directory and setting anonymous to no. Saved it, said ok. Then tried to access and it let me access it. I went back and looked at the virtual directory properties and anonymous access is set to on. I saved it 3 more times to off and it keeps going back to on... any ideas?
    patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:What are you using to password protect parts of websites with HC8 and IIS7 2009/11/10 23:56:36 (permalink)
    I have 1 server running with IIS7 (2k8 Standard edition ) and 2 IIS6 (2k3 Enterprise R2 ). I never used IISPassword with IIS7/IIS6.

Just found an issue by  running virtual directory without anonymous user access is not working  in IIS7, and no issue in IIS6.

@HC Seems to me a bug in HC with IIS7 to handle virtual directory.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:What are you using to password protect parts of websites with HC8 and IIS7 2009/11/11 00:02:05 (permalink)
    Another one, HC panel don't set correct IP in host header if we create Ipbase domain.
    NVGoldenDog
    Starting Member
    Re:What are you using to password protect parts of websites with HC8 and IIS7 2009/11/11 20:45:09 (permalink)
    confirmed. I am having the same issue, IIS7 2008 R2 with HC8. Another bug I suppose. I wish their was a place to post all of these bugs. I seem to report them to HC support but I feel like they are arguing with me about the issues. I just want to list confirmed bugs and get them to fix it.  - Anyways, anyone else using password control on the files/folders for IIS7?
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:What are you using to password protect parts of websites with HC8 and IIS7 2009/11/11 20:56:50 (permalink)
    NVGoldenDog

confirmed. I am having the same issue, IIS7 2008 R2 with HC8. Another bug I suppose. I wish their was a place to post all of these bugs. I seem to report them to HC support but I feel like they are arguing with me about the issues. I just want to list confirmed bugs and get them to fix it.  - Anyways, anyone else using password control on the files/folders for IIS7?

Sometime we discuss  about bug detail with users due to a different reasons , first we try to replicate it locally which confirm the status of bug. Secondly, if it is not replicating with us then we consider it machine specific.
    We respect users suggestion and bug reports which help us to improve the application on user aspect.

Also the above mention bugs (virtual directory & IP address ) are already reported to concern department.

I wish their was a place to post all of these bugs

We will discuss with concern department and do needful ASAP.
    Jump to: