LockedManual upgrade H.C 6.1 to 8.X issue

Author
Jaswinder
2009/11/29 21:28:48 (permalink)

Manual upgrade H.C 6.1 to 8.X issue

We are using Hosting controller 6.1 and would like to go for H.C 8.X but when it comes to upgrade that is totally manual .

I don't understand how come this big thing is missed H.C 6.1 is there own product,  Settings has to be picked up manually can this be automated .

I tried 3 times upgrade on test machine twice it failed. I am not sure what all will be outcome as it does not behave well. I had used same setting in all the three attempts (Screen shot attached) .

Can some one help out on upgrade issue. We would like to keep using HC but it looks Plesk is better in case of automation  goes.

Attached Image(s)

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Manual upgrade H.C 6.1 to 8.X issue 2009/11/30 22:37:38 (permalink)
    This message shows that HC8 panel is not configured correctly, after the installation you have to configure panel with following setting.

o        Server Roles should be same as in HC6.1.

o        Webspace Root Path and other third party applications (DNS, FTP, Stats, Mail, Scripting etc ) should be same as it was in HC6.1 and those can be enabled at host admin level at this path Server Manager---->Global Settings.  You must add server in the cluster before moving further.  Server can be added from Server Manager--->Add Server.

o        Host Panel Settings (including Billing Configurations and My Server Configurations) should be configured properly before starting upgrade and those can be configured at host admin level at this path Server Manager---->Edit Server.

To make sure setting, try to create a test user/website etc.
    Jaswinder
    Re:Manual upgrade H.C 6.1 to 8.X issue 2009/12/07 15:37:05 (permalink)
    Hi HC Support Department ,

It is hard understand why H.C upgrade is manual i.e. has to add Server Roles, Webspace Root Path and other third party applications... and  Host Panel Settings manually.

can't H.C tech make an utility which reads all these settings and adds same to server H.C 8.X panel, why leave any chance for error.

post edited by jaswinder@pugmarks.com - 2009/12/07 15:38:12
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Manual upgrade H.C 6.1 to 8.X issue 2009/12/07 20:48:20 (permalink)
    HC6 was designed in Asp whereas HC7 was developed in .Net FrameWork technology with totally new designed and database structure. This was the reasons due to which automatic update couldn't possible.
    But those users who upgraded from HC7 into HC8 that upgrade was automatic.
    Jump to: