Lockedrequest: chrooting of FTP

Author
agermose
2010/06/28 03:51:07 (permalink)

request: chrooting of FTP

Hi

we, as I guess many others, have a strong need to soon be able to chroot FTP users - will this soon be possible? So that when you create a FTP user you can tell in HC where the users home dir will be in the folderstructure for the website?

we/our customers are using this feature a lot to create FTP accounts for file exchange to partners, customers and so on. They make a folder /FTP and there /FTP/customer1 /FTP/customer2 and so on and a user "thiscustomer" is then CHROOTed to maybe /FTP/customer1 and they can then share files here without having to worry about what the user can see and not see.

to day its possible in HC to make sure that the user cannot go into /FTP/customer2 or others, but for most its also important that they cannot even SEE what else they "are missing" - guess important thing from the names of the folders and so on. And of casue it means less permissions errors this way also.

to day we are also using this feature to provide FTP shares with no connection to users own websites and domains.

when can we see this feature in HC? at least for the FTP servers that support this, gene6, vsftp/linux - most I guess? A simple textfield would make me happy

1 Reply Related Threads

HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:request: chrooting of FTP 2010/06/29 05:10:24 (permalink)
    This feature will be included in build9. 
    Jump to: