LockedHC services consuming memory

Author
nitaish
Premium Member
2010/08/14 01:01:41 (permalink)

HC services consuming memory

A couple of HC services, HC Remoting service and HC sync service always consume huge memory in all of our servers. They sometimes consume around 1 GB memory which slows down the server as a large chunk of the memory is used by these services. Can HC optimize these services so that they don't consume huge memory resources?

5 Replies Related Threads

Re:HC services consuming memory 2010/08/14 11:06:48 (permalink)
    nitaish

A couple of HC services, HC Remoting service and HC sync service always consume huge memory in all of our servers. They sometimes consume around 1 GB memory which slows down the server as a large chunk of the memory is used by these services. Can HC optimize these services so that they don't consume huge memory resources?

You can set any service priority to " LOW " go to task manager... right click on the service and decrease its priority.
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:HC services consuming memory 2010/08/15 09:54:53 (permalink)
    I have tried that many a times, but it never works.
    Re:HC services consuming memory 2010/08/16 10:17:52 (permalink)
    Nitesh how many servers you have in the cluster ?
    We have 5 servers in the cluster and memories goes round about 150 to 200 MB.

Try to clean database entries which make busy hc server, clean entry from table tblDatabaseScheduleTask. This table contain record for mysql/sql db backup/restore history. 
    nitaish
    Premium Member
    Re:HC services consuming memory 2010/08/17 00:07:45 (permalink)
    I have different HC clusters. One cluster is with 3 servers, another one is with 5 servers and a few of them are standalone, meaning no slave server. All of them have the same problem. The HC services I mention consume around 1 GB RAM many a times.
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    Re:HC services consuming memory 2010/08/25 09:53:11 (permalink)
    Hello,
            It is not a new problem, it has a long time ago... (years). If you have Awstats the issue is major. High memory usage.
    Jump to: