LockedWill build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
nitaish
Premium Member
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2010/12/12 02:16:52 (permalink)
I will create a support ticket tomorrow and provide logins of all the servers for which we get complaints. Let us see if HC Tech resolves the issue. I will then update my experience in this thread.
agermose
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2010/12/13 08:21:36 (permalink)
out of luck it seams. Its not a bug or a "machine specifict issue" (something with my setup) but a new feature request. This hole "its in level III support and we will handle it" seams to have no truth or maybe I just dont understand what level III means.

anyway, today I got the message that I, as its a new feature they want to implement, cannot be scheduled before build 11.

so I guess I have to tell my resellers that "sorry, we cannot support your/our solutions anymore or at least if you would please not create any new websites for the next 5-6 month please?"

I got upset and wrote...
"you are ****ing kidding me!? so what are you supposing I should say to my resellers "sorry, for the next 6 month you cannot create any more domains"?

since this is abusive language they want to cut my support. Well, maybe it is and I should probablt just take a cold shower, but HC, support, guys - you are saying I should halt my system, stop doing buisness because of a mistake you made that you dont care to fix - drop the 1000's of $ we have spend on man hours, support, licenses and start over with a new system - not to mention the risk of having to say goodbye to our resellers that are on the plan you now stopped from working AND the time, licenses we have to spend on a new system, testing and the time we lost not doing buisness because we seam to have made a mistake in trusting HC.
Im sure a "you must be ****ing kidding" is sort of a small issue compared...

but im veeerrryyyyy sorryyyyy for that remark - just fix my system.
rocconeri
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2010/12/13 10:51:44 (permalink)
Agermose,
what that does mean? because of my poor English I don't understood what happen in relation to your issues solutions. Are they stopped to support you and closed your tickets?
I remember your main issue is mail domain creation or am I wrong?
Today I received a mail from HC support where they told me that my problems will be solved when they fix problems with WHMCS hoping that mean days non months.
Regsrd 
HC Team
Hosting Controller
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2010/12/13 11:39:40 (permalink)
agermose

out of luck it seams. Its not a bug or a "machine specifict issue" (something with my setup) but a new feature request. This hole "its in level III support and we will handle it" seams to have no truth or maybe I just dont understand what level III means.

anyway, today I got the message that I, as its a new feature they want to implement, cannot be scheduled before build 11.

so I guess I have to tell my resellers that "sorry, we cannot support your/our solutions anymore or at least if you would please not create any new websites for the next 5-6 month please?"

I got upset and wrote...
"you are ****ing kidding me!? so what are you supposing I should say to my resellers "sorry, for the next 6 month you cannot create any more domains"?

since this is abusive language they want to cut my support. Well, maybe it is and I should probablt just take a cold shower, but HC, support, guys - you are saying I should halt my system, stop doing buisness because of a mistake you made that you dont care to fix - drop the 1000's of $ we have spend on man hours, support, licenses and start over with a new system - not to mention the risk of having to say goodbye to our resellers that are on the plan you now stopped from working AND the time, licenses we have to spend on a new system, testing and the time we lost not doing buisness because we seam to have made a mistake in trusting HC.
Im sure a "you must be ****ing kidding" is sort of a small issue compared...

but im veeerrryyyyy sorryyyyy for that remark - just fix my system.

Support team has specifically mentioned that you are facing issue as you want Dedicated reseller to use mail server with 'Everyone role' by skipping the second mail server with is set for Dedicated reseller.
This is HC implementation that If a mail role is set ' Reseller only ' then dedicated reseller will use only this mail server , but not if other mail server included in the cluster with  ' Everyone role '.
You saying that it was working in build8 which surprise to me that why it was working.

Anyway since we changed the mail module handler using plan so it should work like you are asking about. But this resolution come in enhancement category. Which will be available in build11. I am afraid we can't add it in Build10 due to already schedule enhancement/fixes/update.

Also if you face issue this doesn't mean that you should start abusive language (this been noted in couple of your tickets ). As per our company policy we can seize a user support if they use abusive language.

At last if you can't hold for build11 then better to set the dedicated mail role to  ' Everyone '.

patrick
Premium Member
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2010/12/13 11:50:02 (permalink)
@Agermose , I don't know what actually going on with you and HC support. But in my opinion in professional communication specially via email/letter someone shouldn't be using slang words specially F. U. C. K.

Yeah if you are making communication with buddies then we can only use lose talking :)
watson
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2010/12/13 12:07:06 (permalink)
Maybe my explanation bit stupid but want to share my thoughts on this post. Why someone want to set a mail roles " Dedicated & Everyone " since HC provide option to handle mail services in the hosting plan manager.

If you problem resolve by setting both mail server using Everyone role then what's the issue in setting this ? 
For example
First mail server = Exchange 2010
Second Mail Server = Smarter mail

Reseller A let say dedicated reseller and you want it for exchange hosting only then just sell him the plan which has exchange role.

Reseller B: you want to allow both mail servers then simply sell him 2 plans which include both mail roles.

I hope this is the right explanation :)
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2010/12/13 12:12:32 (permalink)
patrick

@Agermose , I don't know what actually going on with you and HC support. But in my opinion in professional communication specially via email/letter someone shouldn't be using slang words specially F. U. C. K.

Yeah if you are making communication with buddies then we can only use lose talking :)

Agree 
agermose
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2010/12/13 13:09:47 (permalink)
well, totally agree but im not very sorry. From the 364 emails send to support I have in TWO emails used the frase "f... kidding" and "half of brain". Both emails lately after stressing after 1) this issue and 2) an other where it again took more than a week to convince HC support something was wrong.
Of the 364 emails I will be happy to spend an hour tomorrow to count how many are on reporting bugs that for the most part end up beeing accepted as bugs and fixed, and how few are related to feature request or usage questions.

so lets just stop trying to paint a picture that Im a big spender of abusive language or anything like this.

but I agree of cause on the non usage of abusive language.
agermose
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2010/12/13 13:20:46 (permalink)
its correct that there is a sendmail role on the dedicated server - one not used. The reason they are there at all is because it cannot be disabled anymore.

We are not running sendmail at all anymore but mailenable. The reseller plans and the webadmin plans are all mailenable plan.

All, EVERYTING, servers and so on are setup by HC. EVERYTHING is setup per HC support directions and EVERY setting is set how You set it - so you will be happy to hear it was working. So something changed. 

And if I one day get a mail saying "ok, we now agree it should be working" and the next "but you and your reseller/user will have to wait 6 month / 2 builds for a "maybe fix", then Im sorry to say, you must be kidding :|

watson
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2010/12/13 13:28:13 (permalink)
You can easily remove the Sendmail role from cluster ;), If you remove associated mail domain (sendmail) record from tblMailDomains then sure you can remove the role.

What if you set sendmail role to 'Everyone' then can reseller create mails in Mail enable ?
Index_eBusiness
Starting Member
Re:Will build 9 be the end of our reseller hosting? 2012/10/22 11:32:08 (permalink)
@agermose Did this ever get resolved for you?

We have recently purchased HC and we just hit this wall where it would appear you cannot assign a server/role to a reseller. Its kind of a deal breaker for us as that is how we operate!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: